Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178311 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #349 on: July 13, 2008, 22:54 »
I think it is Dad in with the chick after a time of no parent.  No meal, so I wonder if it's Dad letting Mom go off to hunt.  Seems very watchful and has nicely snuggled the chick under.  This is SO much better than seeing that little chick all alone yesterday evening as it got darker and darker.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #348 on: July 13, 2008, 17:52 »
It works when I'm at work but not at home, suspect it has to do with the fact that I only have cable lite at home but that's ok.

I love when they chat..!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2008, 17:32 »
Your welcome. 
Bummer not to get all three cams in the same time frame.
Momma is facing into the nest box having a little chat with chick who is sitting looking quite attentively at her.  Mom always keeps a vigilant eye around her though, so is being very protective, if not very cuddly.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2008, 17:24 »
For some reason my Cam 1 & 3 are a few hours behind in refresh times.  Cam 2 works fine and if I see mom on Cam 2 kind of on the ledge and then switch to 1 or 3 she is not there. When I check the times they are 2 to 3 hours behind for me...it's really weird!  But I won't compalin because a few weeks ago I couldn't even get Cam 2 to refresh!  Thanks for letting me know she's there though, now I can stop cursing her... ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2008, 17:11 »
Mom is sitting out on the wooden rail right now, and a little earlier was right on the edge of the nest box.  If you occasionally glance at cams 1 and 3 it is more reassuring than watching only cam 1.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #344 on: July 13, 2008, 17:05 »
Chick has been alone alot today unless I'm just checking in at the wrong times but at least she's resting.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2008, 11:39 »
Hehe..when you said 'second breakfast' , it reminded me of the Hobbits in Lord of the Rings when I think it was either Pippin or Merry who said 'but...what about second breakfast????"! 

I like your analogy of PPD too..Radisson is probably gazing off into the distance thinking about being free and flying the skies again  :D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #342 on: July 13, 2008, 11:09 »
Maybe Radisson is feeling some bird equivalent of post partum depression......let the housework go, long spells of looking off into the distance,  occasional flights from responsibility,,,,,,maybe like Princess did she should let Dad sit in the nest a bit more.

Oh, boy! Chick looks very excited about the arrival of the second breakfast.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #341 on: July 13, 2008, 10:34 »
Morning!  A bit of a late start to the day for me  :-[..nice to be able to see what I missed through pictures here  :)  Wow has baby ever grown even since yesterday!

I'm not sure what's up with Radisson and the house keeping either, she must not have enough of Trey's genes.  I'm glad I missed the part of her being alone for so long again ..I know peregrines are solitary by nature which I keep telling myself but I am glad mom is there now with her.

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2008, 08:26 »
Breakfast has finally arrived....

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2008, 08:10 »
No parent for quite a while now...still waiting for breakfast...I know this little guy is probably hungry...

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #338 on: July 13, 2008, 07:11 »
Couple of early morning pics~so sweet!!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2008, 23:25 »
It's getting dark, and the little one is still alone.  There have been two brief non food related visits in the nestbox by a parent in the past hour and a half.  I haven't seen a parent outside either.  The chick doesn't seem upset.  Occasionally gets up and looks in the direction of out, then dozes off again.  Must be just about time for that last snack though.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2008, 21:51 »
Junior woke up, bumped around a bit, then spread his wings!  That looked like it was a lot of work, as the pancake posture has now been resumed.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2008, 21:27 »
"pancaked" great description!  This chick is growing so fast.  No wonder it needs to sleep a lot!
Yeah, the housekeeping has gone downhill.  I wonder how much longer the egg will remain?