Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178314 times)

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2008, 20:57 »
Few more...

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2008, 20:49 »
Good evening one and all...I'm sure Bev. is on her way, lucky devil!!!  I'm sure my pics won't be as good or as thorough as hers...but here goes...this little one is really growing..wish I could tell you which parent is present, but, alas, no.  Maybe, you guys can help me with that...

These pics were taken late afternoon...

...it also  seems that this little cutie has white feet...could be the cam or the lighting..

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 20:52 by skygirlblue »

Offline eagle63_1999

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
    • My Photography
« Reply #317 on: July 11, 2008, 20:39 »
Yeah I've been amazed at how fast the wee one is growing.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #316 on: July 11, 2008, 20:32 »
In contrast to the wild antics and weather in Minesota, our wee one here is having a calm day.  Lot's of napping and cuddling with mom.  I noticed a few times today she would go the edge of the box and look out in the direction that mom left.  And mom has been good today, not leaving her for too long! 

I can't believe how fast she's growing, oh she's got her mouth open now like she's yelling...I want food!!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #315 on: July 11, 2008, 14:39 »
Great second lunch is over and chick and mom all cozy for a good nap.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #314 on: July 11, 2008, 13:50 »
Mom mostly facing inwards as chick is awake and scrabbling about.  Definitely keeping watch though as she is still sitting up on the edge casting frequent outward looks.  Maybe Dad is expected with more lunch.   

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #313 on: July 11, 2008, 12:48 »
Midday sunning time for Mom.  Standing in edge close to the sprawled out chick.  It looks quite warm.  Junior blissfully dozing, Radisson giving more great takes of her lovely head and eyes up close.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #312 on: July 11, 2008, 07:15 »
Have a great time Bev and no worries, we're all keeping on our eye on the baby for you - she's got alot of foster moms/dads here!  I'm sure mom is around even when we are upset at her for leaving the baby.  Our mom here used to sit right on top of the web cam the whole time I'd be yelling at her for abandoning the chicks..wasn't til I went outside down the street with binoculars that I realized that.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #311 on: July 11, 2008, 01:34 »
The fledge fest is in the Victoria area, Saanich to be exact.

I will tell you about it when I get back..

I will try and vote on the poetry before I leave. :)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #310 on: July 11, 2008, 00:42 »
Have a great time, Bev!  It sounds wonderful.  Looking forward to getting filled in when you get back. 

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #309 on: July 11, 2008, 00:38 »
Saw you were here Bev, and wanted to see your latest pictures before signing off.
Have a great trip!  Where on the Island is the Eagle Fledge Fest?

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #308 on: July 11, 2008, 00:30 »
I am away now for 10 days but Skygirl blue has said that she will post some pictures for you.  I am going to an eagle fledge fest on Vancouver island . I will be taking a lap top with me but will not be able to  post.

I went down to the site tonight and we saw one parent where i lest expected, so I figured it was the female(my husband was hogging my binoculars).
then this one and the one in the box took off suddenly chasing something(I believe supper), but we could not run fast enough.they are fast
I will post a few pictures

Tracy , I am sure that you can get the band numbers.  I will look through some of my stuff also.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2008, 18:10 »
Tracy, this is what Bev posted back on June 28th.

"She is fortunate to have a good male. someone asked about the male. 
He is 7 years old , was born in Edmonton and has been at this site since 2007(this is his 5th season here) sometimes you get good parents and then  lazy ones/  He has proved his worth and so they often try experimental things , like last year they put 2 fleglings at the site just when their own was ready to fledge. they did not put them in the nest box but around the site.  their fledges at their sites did not go well. the parents took them in and fed them also
So she is quite lucky to have him for her first clutch."

Not quite the information I was looking for Bally but thank you  :-*  Actually, I'm looking for band number and family tree.  We post all our identity information on our site, may do not for some reason.  As for the family tree stuff, once I have a band number, I can track down the rest though "other sources".  Thanks again Bally & Bev, and I'll keep looking ...

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #306 on: July 10, 2008, 17:00 »
Maybe Princess needs to give her daughter a bit of a talking-to on the responsibilities of motherhood... ???

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #305 on: July 10, 2008, 16:58 »
Mom does like to perch on the rails during naptime.  Now gone again, hopefully not too long away.  Would this leaving the chick alone be a sign of inexperience in a first time mom?