Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178305 times)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2008, 20:50 »
Maybe cause she's still young she understands the baby needs someone to lean on and that's why she's not cleaning, she's being sibling and mom  :D 

Honestly she just gets more attentive and affectionate with her every day.  It's the first time I've watched a mom with only one chick so maybe that is the way it always is with one?  I remember Bev saying that last year's mom only had one chick as well and she was very protective of it as well.

That's a really good thought -- maybe that's exactly why.  But I still wish someone would take out the trash -- it's pretty disgusting!  And doesn't it smell?  I've never seen a parent with one chick either.  She does look like a big sis, but Dad could clean up.   :D  Anyway, it's darn cute! 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2008, 20:46 »
*sigh* there's the bad vision again.  Sorry you two, I swear I'm going to be one of those blind old ladies with the big magnifying glasses on  >:(

Have any of you seen a feeding lately?  I may have missed one when on the way home from work or cooking dinner but I haven't see one for hours now?

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2008, 20:41 »
Aww..that's a great shot Liz, so glad you captured it! 

I didn't!  I did a quote from SGB -- she gets all the credit. 

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2008, 20:33 »
Pics from a little while ago...talk about your cotton ball... :)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2008, 20:30 »
Aww..that's a great shot Liz, so glad you captured it!  It is almost like Radisson is a sibling isn't it?  Maybe cause she's still young she understands the baby needs someone to lean on and that's why she's not cleaning, she's being sibling and mom  :D 

Honestly she just gets more attentive and affectionate with her every day.  It's the first time I've watched a mom with only one chick so maybe that is the way it always is with one?  I remember Bev saying that last year's mom only had one chick as well and she was very protective of it as well.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2008, 19:52 »

This has GOT to be one of the cutest photos I've ever seen!!!  Just wish someone would do some housecleaning!  But I get the PPD, if that's the problem.  Bring Trey in to clean up for his daughter! 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #358 on: July 14, 2008, 19:38 »
For some reason my Cam 1 & 3 are a few hours behind in refresh times.  Cam 2 works fine and if I see mom on Cam 2 kind of on the ledge and then switch to 1 or 3 she is not there. When I check the times they are 2 to 3 hours behind for me...it's really weird!  But I won't compalin because a few weeks ago I couldn't even get Cam 2 to refresh!  Thanks for letting me know she's there though, now I can stop cursing her... ;D

Same for me, sometimes.  Cam 2 works great, which is wonderful since I can see what's going on in the box -- it refreshes like it should.  But 1 and 3 are a different story -- I can look at 3 and it shows someone there, but on 2 clearly there isn't.  I thought was working now, but 1 and 3 show a parent looking out and 2 shows one looking in.  hmmmm...? 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 19:41 by Liz »

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #357 on: July 14, 2008, 14:55 »
I've seen the face preening, kissing behaviour too, also thinking at first it was feeding.  It seems so affectionate, and balances all those times of watching over from a distance.

Just love the shadow of the chick when standing up.  You know, this just might be the most beautiful chick ever! 

Yeah, that debris is looking quite disgustingly suggestive of its origins.  Too many body parts, UGH!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 14:58 by bcbird »

lobi

« Reply #356 on: July 14, 2008, 13:48 »
Cuddling - The perfect thing to be doing on such a wet and dreary day.  It is so wet out here that I would imagine that Radisson and her wee one are very happy to have a roof over their heads.  The chick certainly has grown the past couple of days. 

I do think the folks in Winnipeg should ask Princess to come visit her daughter so she can show her what housekeeping is all about! :)

I would imagine that being a first time mom, she hasn't quite gotten the hang of it...

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #355 on: July 14, 2008, 12:22 »
I noticed mom is doing this strange thing..  She just came in and woke baby up and is kind of kissing her and preening her face.  At first I thought there was food but it's not a feeding.  Its almost like a hug and cuddle fest.  This is the second time I've seen her do this - awfully sweet  :D

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2008, 10:16 »
What a little sweetheart.. ;D - and getting so big! - imagine if there were 3 chicks in there, they wouldn't fit in that nestbox pretty soon!  :o

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2008, 07:40 »
Breakfast being served  ;D.  Thanks SGB, I was hoping you were watching and got that cute shot of her standing up!  I can see all three cameras now at work so that's good!

Offline skygirlblue

• Phanatic
  • Chick
    • Bird Cams Around the World forum
« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2008, 07:29 »
Just a few early morning pics

More later...gotta run...

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2008, 07:05 »
I spoke too soon.  I guess that evil eye was really 'bout time you got here, it's your turn to watch her cause i'm off to catch breakfast'!  Baby gazing out of the box after mom !

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2008, 06:57 »
7:56 am and I'm at work checking in on our chick.  She's sacked out with mom/dad snuggled next to her keeping watch.  Actually it looks like mom is giving me the evil eye  :D