Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (24/56) > >>

Elaine L:
First egg Wednesday morning, much to the surprise of Roger, it seems; he looked that egg over thoroughly, and thought about it for a few minutes before deciding maybe he should sit on it.  Right now, it looks like Spirit is working on the second one. 

Elaine L:
Everyone is awaiting that first egg.  On the online poll, most people selected March 21 as the egg day, but that day has come and gone.  Spirit did spend a couple of nights in the nestbox last year, though, and then produced her first egg, and this year, she so far has spent one night, Saturday, in the nest box.  I am thinking March 24 will be egg day. 

Meanwhile, Roger has been having a few problems with finding his way around the new elevated vents on the building, according to the video; Spirit was sitting on the ledge taking it easy and he came flying in and smacked into her, even though she saw him coming and ducked.  No one was hurt, anyway.

Elaine L:
Spirit is in the nestbox now, adjusting the gravel to her liking for that first egg.  Eve Belisle is conducting a poll, just for fun, as to when the first egg is expected; last year, it was March 24.

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: Elaine L on February 28, 2011, 13:48 ---We have photos this morning of Spirit and Roger bowing to each other in the nestbox.  The game is on, and I would not be surprised to see some eggs by late March.
--- End quote ---

That's great news, Elaine! :D

Elaine L:
We have photos this morning of Spirit and Roger bowing to each other in the nestbox.  The game is on, and I would not be surprised to see some eggs by late March.

http://fauconsudem.blogspot.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version