Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (25/56) > >>

carly:
Spirit is banded (a 2004 offspring of the famous Buckeye and Hilary from Hilliard bridge in Ohio) but Roger is unbanded.

Elaine L:
TPC, as Carly says, these falcons stay year-round.  Eve Belisle, who is in charge of this webcam and reports on these falcons throughout the whole year, says that they are Spirit and Roger, but I don't know if they are banded; I don't think so.  She says that mating took place 15 days earlier this year than last year.  Spirit and Roger produced their first egg on March 24 last year. 

Also, she has not seen their son from last year, Horus, since August, but this may be because he has moved to a new territory.  No reports on this, though.

Just as an aside, they had falcons at the Champlain Bridge in Montreal last summer who produced four young in June, and then the mother went missing, likely hit by a car.  The father did not keep up feeding the young, and by the time the government decided to step in and save the young, it was too late; two were already dead in the nestbox, one died on route, and the last one died at the bird clinic.  It was very sad to lose 5 falcons at once.  If I see news on the Champlain Bridge nestbox for the coming Spring, I will let you know, and perhaps you can set up a separate link, TPC.

carly:
They stay year round here TPC , like ours do.  Eve has also reported 'mating' took place for the first time on February 11th - that she witnessed anyway.

The Peregrine Chick:
Do we have official confirmation (i.e., band numbers) of Roger and Spirit?  Or has a pair returned and they are assuming its Roger and Spirit?  I don't know the site well, so I don't know if this early a return is usual for this pair.

If they are officially confirmed, I can update the board subject ...

Elaine - help?  ???

Elaine L:
The cameras are up and running at the University of Montreal, and both Spirit and Roger are back.  They installed new cameras, which are more stable than the old ones.  Apparently Roger paid the camera crew a visit while they were installing them, and paid a return visit to the nestbox this afternoon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version