Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (72/127) > >>

bev.:
I will be coming here later tonight to post some happenings. and developments.

Kinderchick:
Thanks for all the updates, bev, Peter and Elaine!  :D Sure does keep you busy! ;)

bev.:
thanks Elaine.
 Peter will be downloading camera tonight. I will have to learn how to do that.
when we were on the hill  the second  time and I said look at the tower and Peter figured it was nothing, well when we looked at camera later it was  falcon on the light thing
we do think it was 2 falcons and a hawk, now.

Adn when we went back to the road and I had Peter take a picture of box, it was because I thought something was in it. It was a falcon. that was the one that flew under that awning on building.

This is really a puzzle this year. I have an e-mail in to see if TR male is still tracking. I will have to

wait as they are out in field .

It is such a nice area for them.

If they do not nest , I think hawks could be the problem. so many this year. Way more than last year.

I will post pictures tonight. these are far away ones but I will circle what we saw.

Elaine L:
Bev, Peter and I went to Genesee yesterday afternoon to check out the situation with the falcons.  We scrutinized the whole area, particularly the side of the tower where the nestbox is located.  Bev and I eventually spotted two falcons, one that left the top of the tower and flew off towards the water, the other off in the distance over the water, and later Peter saw what he figured were three falcons, off over the water.  He saw them fighting, but it was really hard to say if these were three falcons fighting, or two falcons fighting with a hawk, as there are many hawks out there, along with ravens, magpies and crows.  There was no way of getting closer to confirm, as the power plant takes up a large territory and has many no trespassing signs.  We did not see any evidence of eggs or any mating activites, but it is still not too late.  Bev will likely report later, with pictures.

RCF:
Thanks Bev  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version