Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18

<< < (71/127) > >>

Elaine L:
Well, well, well!  We have a chick at Genesee!  And some prey, conveniently left by the biologist (I presume) at the nestbox!

RCF:
Thanks bev,  Very intriguing, I'll be checking the cam around noon.  :)

bev.:
there are 3 falcons we believe. 

the 3 nests are from same female ,or maybe there is another female . If same female, the nests could have been from m first male ,and then TR male came back.

It is very confusing right now and hopefully tomorrow I can share more but watch the cam about noon.
And not  a dumb question, as it is anyone's  guess right now.

RCF:
This is probably a dumb question, but how many falcons are at Genesse if there are three nests?   I only read you have seen three birds.  ???

bev.:
Well we have some developments here.  I do not know how much I can share with you, as I did not ask, but I will give you what I think I can right now.  Peter and I have been going out and trying to figure out what is happening here. A guard at Genesse has been watching also.  I did not realize I had not written a report last week, sorry.

WE did see 3 falcons. 2 out over pond and Peter said they seemed to be wing touching. I was keeping my eye on the other one.   We did see a falcon on a light at top of  same tower as nest box.  We did see a falocn go into a vent on first building.   and there a lots of hawks. I did e-mail biologists and they have been getting feedback from plant also.

so since I forgot to ask  how much I can share ,I will give you a tidbit for now  The falcons have 3 nests under vents. This is not good, as if chicks hatch they will be sucked up and then......You guess from there.  So action is being taken tomorrow. I had a meeting on Friday , we discussed this matter and a few others .I will ask  tomorrow what I can tell about the action but  I will say to watch your cams at about noon tomorrow.(Edmonton time)

Here are some pictures form last week. Only 2 have birds in  as we saw mostly hawks and most of our pictures got blurry before you could see the falocn, so I have drawn arrows  around things so you can see what I am talking about.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version