Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Kitchener - 2016-19

<< < (3/6) > >>

carly:
Just posted, Lucifer is dead  :'( :'( :'(

Hobbitstee Wildlife Refuge
11 mins

It is with great sadness we have to announce that I just received a picture via text confirming the death of the Kitchener Peregrine Falcon that we released last week.

I am unsure on how or why he died at the moment.

birdbrain:
I sure hope he’s ok.  It seems there is a shortage of happy peregrine stories this year.

carly:
Update to Lucifer's release:

A friend went down there today and Mystery has a new mate - an unbanded male.  They didn't' do their homework and released him at the site so hopefully he wasn't' re-inured by the new male and made it out safely.  I know he'd go back anyway but at least from afar he'd have seen there was another male there and not been ambushed *sigh*

carly:
Lucifer is free!  He was released yesterday at his nest site in Kitchener!

Hobbitstee Wildlife Refuge

After 92 days of absence the CTV Kitchener Peregrine has returned to the skies also.

Although it appeared he had some trouble gaining height after he flew from the box making me hold my breath he made up for it by flying up pretty much vertically as only a Peregrine can a bit later (not on video).

We are grateful for our team of awesome vets at OVC Small Animal Clinic and Scott Veterinary Clinic who did all the surgical work to make his recovery possible.

https://www.facebook.com/Hobbitstee/videos/712323442453979/?t=0

MayShowers:
Great news about Lucifer!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version