Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Kitchener - 2016-19

<< < (4/6) > >>

carly:
New update on Lucifer today:

Hobbitstee Wildlife Refuge

The Peregrine Falcon also went outside this morning. It has been a looooong road for him and he was very noisily letting me know that he likes the change of scenery.

He has had to endure confinement since early June.

He now resides in our 50’ straight flight. He has delighted me by flying straight across several times and landing perches with accuracy.

In a week or two we will start by putting obstacles in his way and will change the straight flight into a serpentine flight to let him get use to turning mid-air with his wing and see how he handles that.

birdbrain:
Thank you for the update and pictures.  It sure must take specialized training and tiny tools to operate on a Falcon!

carly:
The rehab centre posted an update on the injured dad Lucifer tonight.  CTV has also done a news story on the update:  https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/father-falcon-still-fighting-to-fly-after-fracture-1.4054240#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=Facebook&_gsc=SHxiPyZ

Hobbitstee Wildlife Refuge

For those of you following along: Today the peregrine falcon had his wing re-x-rayed and fortunately the fracture had healed enough to removed the external fixator and pins.

This job was done by the awesome best at Scott Veterinary Clinic.

Right now he is on cage rest to let his body adjust to the transition and hopefully in a couple of weeks he can start flight training.

birdbrain:
That’s great to hear!  They have an amazing Mom.

carly:
The remaining three fledged successfully - two were rescued and put back up at a higher elevation and last I heard they were all doing well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version