Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Kitchener - 2016-19

(1/6) > >>

carly:
Kitchener chicks were banded yesterday - both parents are unbanded this year but they think the female is the one they named Mystery.

Banding of 3 chicks
May 29, 2019 - Kitchener - CTV-Bell Media Tower
Marion Nash Reports:

May 28th 2019
3 healthy chicks banded yesterday 1 girl and 2 boys. We had 2 new climbers being trained by our long time volunteer John Miller who all climber the tower to extract the chicks. As usual the adults were very protective and swooped and dove on the tower yelling at the human invaders. The extraction went very well and took very little time job well done guys!

There were 3 chicks 2 boys and 1 girl all healthy and good weights. you can view the CTV news story at this link https://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1693661

the female was named by the Kitchener fledge watch team Hemera banded Z over 41 she weighed 853 grams. ( red tape on silver band)
the first male was named by CTV Kawhi for those Raptor fans. Hs band number is W over 94 and he weighed 608 grams. ( blue tape on silver band)
the second male again named by the Kitchener team was named Jupiter band number W over 95 weighed in at 609 grams. ( Green tape on silver band)

carly:
No worries TPC, I seem to remember that video from last year and we haven't had any hatches this year yet anywhere here.  Even MEC was 8 days late in laying due to the weather compared to last year.

That being said I just a nest exchange and 5 intact eggs are there, no idea when they were laid as the cam was just recently turned on.  They both keep shuggling the eggs though which I don't usually see until close to hatching. 

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: carly on April 15, 2019, 15:24 ---???  Just saw 5 eggs there, think that is last years news TPC.

--- End quote ---

It's entirely possible Carly, sometimes the media outlets post videos late or repost them and they get "re-dated" so to speak.  I hadn't heard anything about Kitchner and was surprised by the timing but heck, it is Ontario (just kidding Ontarians!  ;D) and its always nice to post a video!  I'll see if I can hunt up the real date of the video and move it to the appropriate thread!

Thanks!

carly:
???  Just saw 5 eggs there, think that is last years news TPC. 

The Peregrine Chick:
The eggs have started to hatch in Kitchener ...

video = https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1413291

link courtesy of CTV Kitchener

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version