The Forum > The Forum

Forum Clock & Changing Time

<< < (23/29) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:
If because of world leaders playing games with daylight savings time (or for those of you in Sask & Arizona that decry the practice  ;)) you can update your time by clicking on Profile on the top toolbar, then Look & Layout Preferences and then changing the offset for your area.  If you don't know it, click on auto detect.  Either way, don't forget to click on the Change Profile button at the bottom of the page.  Then check to see that your time is correct by clicking on the Profile link again and the Local Time should be correct.  If it isn't then you will definitely have to adjust manually - repeat steps above but do not click on auto-detect, just enter how many hours need to be added (+2) or subtracted (-2) to correct your time.

Clear as mud?  If you are still having problems, send me a pm with your geographic location and I can manually change it from my end.  But please do try first folks, we have to do these things twice a year, perhaps 4 times if politicians start playing with the clocks again and I just won't have enough time to change all your clocks and save the peregrines from extinction  ;D

birdcamfan:
I just checked my preferences (I am in Winnipeg) and it shows the local time as 1432 when it is really 1532 so I don't think it's you! You might occasionally see really early posts from me as I do get up and check out the Netherlands between 0400 and 0500 when I get up for work.

Pchemist:
Hey Tracy - the time is messed up again.  Probably due to politicians mucking about with daylight savings time (haven't they done enough already?) - so right now the Forum thinks it's 1 hour ahead of me.  Unless Winnipeg moved or Canada and the US are not in synch on DST (a possibility I only just now thought of) it should be 2 hours ahead.

I did have to go in and ask it to auto detect the time difference again (under profile, preferences stuff).  For a while it thought I was three hours behind (and until I noticed that I thought some of you were up REALLY early!)   8)

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: bcbird on January 06, 2009, 10:51 ---Actually it is two hours, TPC, one to Edmonton (Hi Bev,) and another over to you in Winterpeg.  As long as the wheel has winter tread, roll on.

--- End quote ---

Nuts  ::)  That's what I meant to say ....

bcbird:
Actually it is two hours, TPC, one to Edmonton (Hi Bev,) and another over to you in Winterpeg.  As long as the wheel has winter tread, roll on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version