Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules

<< < (95/107) > >>

Mother Hen:
I am glad to hear about this pair of peregrines.........Watch out pigeons

The Peregrine Chick:
Just went and checked my dates, Hurricane was spotted at the Smiley Tower in Grand Forks on April 8th and that was the only day they saw him.  Dennis and I saw the interloper buzz through on the 12th but it was the same size as our new female so I don't think it was Hurricane.  But the timing could have worked ....

I will of course let you all know what/if anything I hear about either the interloper (probably just a tourist) and Hurricane.

The Peregrine Chick:
Peregrines pass by here all the time on their way to the marshes and lakes north and west of here - very popular places with non-breeding (too young, too old or no mate yet) birds.  Hang out at Oak Hammock Marsh in a couple of months and you will probably see a peregrine there on any given day - sometimes even "ours".  T-Rex, Trey's Dad, was seen out there quite frequently during the breeding season - off shopping for the incubating Madame ...

As for the interloper, haven't had any reports of injured/dead peregrines recently and haven't had any other sightings.  If we do, no worries, I'll post them!

allikat:
Great shots Dennis...I love the ones where the falcon is "dropping" off the railing.  They truly are magnificent!

Any word or idea who the intruder was??  Hopefully just a falcon passing through and only made Winnipeg a rest spot.

eagle63_1999:
Stunnign captures of the Western Pair.  Keep up the great work Dennis, from one photographer to another :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version