The Forum > The Forum

Tutorial 2 - Flickr

<< < (3/17) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Kinderchick on April 12, 2011, 21:43 ---
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on April 12, 2011, 21:38 ---... If you don't have an account and don't want to get one, try leaving a comment, if you can't, no harm done.
--- End quote ---
Well, I tried to leave a comment in eagle's photo gallery but could not because I don't have an account. So I guess that answers my question.

--- End quote ---

I believe that is the default that Flickr applies so that it can get more folks to sign up.  I believe that anyone can set it so anyone can post, it's just that the account holder needs to go in and actually click the button for it.

For some folks, they don't really care about comments OR they get lots of spam or crank comments when anyone can post a comment so they leave it on a members-only setting just to weed some of those folks out.

eagle63_1999:
Oh thank-you for getting that for me.  I have been watching birds for over 33 years now and I am trying to get a photo of each bird I see.

The Peregrine Chick:
Here's the link for the Getty Images information ... Eagle because you have an account, if you are signed in and then click on the links in the text, I believe it will take you to more detailed information.
http://www.flickr.com/help/gettyimages/

Here is the link to more general information on things you can do ...
http://www.flickr.com/help/faq/

Don't get twitched by the amount of information here, just decide what you want to look for and then look to answer one question at a time ... like how you can set up your gallery to accept comments, and then just read up on that one item.  When you have that solved, ask your next question.  If you try to read through it all, its abit overwhelming (for everyone!!! this is what I do)

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on April 12, 2011, 21:38 ---... If you don't have an account and don't want to get one, try leaving a comment, if you can't, no harm done.
--- End quote ---
Well, I tried to leave a comment in eagle's photo gallery but could not because I don't have an account. So I guess that answers my question.

eagle63_1999:
Yeah well give it a week or two, kinderchick, there will be new stuff up

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version