The Forum > The Forum

Tutorial 2 - Flickr

(1/17) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:
Here is a summary of the steps ....

1.  Go to page in your Flickr account with the photo you wish to upload.
2.  Above the photo, there is an email icon (an envelope) and a Facebook icon and a Twitter icon - just beside the Twitter icon, there is a downward pointing arrow - click on that arrow
3.  The pop-up menu that appears, click on the downward arrow beside Grab the HTML/BBCode
4.  Click on the radio button (round button) beside BBCode
5.  Copy all the coding that appears in the box
6.  Paste that code in the reply textbox on the Forum thread where you want to post your photo

Remember, post one or your best photo on the Forum in order to reduce the number of times the Forum has to access your gallery to display your photo - each time it does that, it costs the Project some money.  At the moment we are fine, but the more photos we have, the more of our reserve we use up. 

So, just display one or two photos and then let folks visit your gallery on Flickr to view more/the rest.  The Flickr code we have just used to display your photo here contains a link directly to your gallery, all folks have to do is click on your photo.

One of the advantages of having folks come to visit your gallery, they can leave comments.  From someone who leaves comments on photographers' websites, this really is the best way to leave a message about a photo you enjoy and as a photographer who has received complimentary comments, its a great way to collect kudos and answer questions.  If you want to see what I mean, check out Dennis' gallery at (www.pbase.com/photosbydennis).

eagle63_1999:
Yeah I am off to bed now, have an appointment tomorrow. Night TPC, again ty. See ya all later.

The Peregrine Chick:
Okay, its 2210 hrs (local) so we'll call it a night tonight.

We'll continue the discussion on Thursday ...

Thanks for coming out folks, hope to see some of you again on Thursday!

TPC

eagle63_1999:
No I can't think of any other questions.

The Peregrine Chick:
Back on topic  ;D
Any more questions about uploading photos for this evening?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version