Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81506 times)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2010 / Weber & Ms Edmonton
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2010, 21:44 »
Congratulations to Miss E and her mate!

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2010, 20:50 »
I was ready to climb up there and take the light down. ;D ;D

Yes, you really do need to do something about that light fixture, bev! ;)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2010, 19:27 »
We checked there today and manged to see another feeding. This time when the male dropped the food off, Miss Edmonton put it in her mouth and then went up . No problems today.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 08:06 by bev. »

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2010, 06:30 »
Thanks for the slideshow, bev. What a valiant effort to get that food dropped off! 8)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2010, 00:04 »
I was ready to climb up there and take the light down. ;D ;D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2010, 21:39 »
Thanks for the slide show, bev.  :)  I've seen our birds try and land with food on a windy day, it's sometimes hard to get the height with extra weight. 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2010, 21:28 »
Here is slideshow from July1.  It is  about 35 pictures long but I wanted to share with you what I saw.  It was very windy and we have waited many hours to see this. Miss E has a chick or more July1

Slideshow - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/bev46/?action=view&current=a2cdeaf4.pbw

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2010, 14:20 »
on Canada day Miss Edmonton became a mom. Cannot see it or them, but I will post a slideshow later showing the events of the day.

We waited patiently for the signs and When the male came in with food and Miss Edmonton went out to pcik it up and take it in, my eyes just welled up. I so wanted a good season for her.

but be patient with me for a bit, as I am reeling over the loss of Scout at Ohio. I have followed this site for 3 years. I have as many pictures of it as Edmonton. so I am in shock and heart sick.
too much this year,. First Orville , then Swoop and then beautiful Scout. :'( :'( :'(
Sorry bev.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2010, 12:23 »
I'm happy for Miss Edmonton, bev. :D But join you in your sadness for the loss of Scout in Ohio, bev. :'(

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2010, 11:06 »
on Canada day Miss Edmonton became a mom. Cannot see it or them, but I will post a slideshow later showing the events of the day.

We waited patiently for the signs and When the male came in with food and Miss Edmonton went out to pcik it up and take it in, my eyes just welled up. I so wanted a good season for her.

but be patient with me for a bit, as I am reeling over the loss of Scout at Ohio. I have followed this site for 3 years. I have as many pictures of it as Edmonton. so I am in shock and heart sick.
too much this year,. First Orville , then Swoop and then beautiful Scout. :'( :'( :'(

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2010, 05:03 »
Thanks for the update Bev!  I hope today is the day for Miss E to be a mom again!  Stay safe and keep us posted!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2010, 00:45 »
Spent 6 hours here today and came home at 10pm

Watching for sign of chicks. I think maybe tomorrow because these 2 change  like clockwork and after one exchange and Miss Edmonton went in box, there was no exchange after 5 hours. The male left and came back and was still on letter when I left. 3 major storms passed through while I was there.
I am imaging in my mind and egg with a pip and possibly a crack. ;) ;)

Will go down and spend some time tomorrow also.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2010, 09:08 »
I could not pinpoint exact day of full incubation becasue I had been away for a few days. So I am thinking any day now.

WE are gong down watching for them bringing food to box.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2010, 23:36 »
When do expect a hatch bev?  :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2010, 22:44 »
Peter and I are monitoring clinical science  and WEber from the ground regularly because  of the ravens.

We were down there this afternoon. A merlin or coopers hawk landed on the  south  east corner of Weber building and was ushered out by the male.

Then a half hour later the male was still sitting on his letter and we were waiting for nest exchange. I then saw ,coming flying in, a female peregrine. I thought ,what is MIss Edmonton doing there. Not......It was an intruder . Dad chased after her and on her first time around building ,Miss Edmonton came out of box and started cacking and she chased after it also. Miss Edmonton then came back and sat on the W , and the  male pursued the female and chased it off. Peter saw it fly way north. The male then swooped a bit and then went into box. We are monitoring closely because we should soon have babies here. Hope the intruder got the message