Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81484 times)

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2010 / Weber & Ms Edmonton
« Reply #183 on: June 21, 2010, 15:59 »
Thanks bev great pictures  :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #182 on: June 21, 2010, 15:28 »
Everything is going good. Peter and I go every 2 days to see if there are 2 and watch a nsst exchange

The ravens there always chase them. I think the raven must have young. I thought Peter was taking pictures of that the other day but he was jsut enjoying the show. Me, I was having a thousand heart attacks as they dive bombed her and tried to bring her down. But the male came to her rescue.

This sideshow is from June12. Miss Edmonton was there when we got there. then she flew off and came back with food to eat.  
And then we waited for the exchange. we consume a lot of water and licorice while waiting  :lol:

I am trying to catch up

Slideshow: http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/bev44/?action=view&current=9d696463.pbw

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2010, 16:58 »
Weber is still doing great. Peter is downloading pictures for me.  the other night  MIss Edmonton flew out a few times with the Ravens on her heels. she was sing touching and diving to get away. the third time she came back with her supper. Raven chased her right to building.

I will post when peter downloads them. Probably tonight

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2010, 11:45 »
there are not that many people that are interested enough.  This is not something I have to do. I jsut do.  I just feel bad that I watch these 2 sites so closely and the others are left to chance.  but I do have my volunteers  getting ready for fledge watch at clinical Science. I will probably be doing WEber by myself. Again, I do not have to but, I feel I should.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2010, 15:13 »
...So many sites in Edmonton and I cannot be everywhere . So I  try and keep watch on these 2.  I know one other is watched but employees. downtown is just not watched, and same for others. I try and make a few stops on way from Sunday breakfast but... just not enough time.
bev, of course you can't possible watch all of the sites, all the time. Are there not any volunteers who can help you? ???

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2010, 07:57 »
On Tuesday night we stayed to witness an exchange at Weber.
all seems it be going well.

I think I am just nuts Elaine.  I do to know what else to do. this is a relatively high building but no buildings closeby. You know where it is. With that main road eight there , I am not sure where they fledge to. Will have to talk to Gord so I know what to watch for. but I am getting very tired.

So many sites in Edmonton and I cannot be everywhere . So I  try and keep watch on these 2.  I know one other is watched but employees. downtown is just not watched, and same for others. I try and make a few stops on way from Sunday breakfast but... just not enough time.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2010, 13:24 »
We are parking in a different spot Elaine. Better viewing. I will e-mail when I get a minute.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2010, 13:11 »
Holy smokes, Bev, you guys are dedicated!  I drove by the Weber Building three times on the weekend, going around the back, and I did not see you guys or the falcons, so I think my observation skills need to be refreshed.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2010, 23:34 »
Bev, you and Peter are top notch to do all this observing and reporting. 
You know the old saying, "The couple that goes birding together stays together!"

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2010, 18:36 »
Have been extensively watching site since last Monday night and Pete and I  camped out there on the weekend in the rain and snow. Well we were in our car, but stayed there 4-5 hours on Saturday and 8 hours yesterday. do I have a life?????

What would life be without peregrines?  ;)  ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2010, 17:04 »
Thank you both for the report on Miss Edmonton and her new beau!  Very happy to hear they are both there and incubating!!

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2010, 16:32 »
Have been extensively watching site since last Monday night and Pete and I  camped out there on the weekend in the rain and snow. Well we were in our car, but stayed there 4-5 hours on Saturday and 8 hours yesterday. do I have a life?????

On Saturday we thought there was no male again. We were just sick.  but yesterday , after being there for 2 hours there was a nest exchange and there was the male. We were thrilled  We saw another exchange before we left.

I think on Saturday when we saw her leave quickly , and come right back ,it was him that came back and she may have gone into box. At times on Saturday it was hard to see through the snow. After watching yesterday and seeing which letters they always perch on, and going back over the last couple of weeks we are almost positive that it was him that came back when we thought it was her.

Yesterday she  flew away for a bi tand came back with a full crop. Then a half hour later she went to box and male came out. He perched on the last E of center.  He later flew east to hunt, we figure, and then came back and perched on T.

We saw female come out and fly around and he went on roof ledge by box and then came back.  He went up again for about 10 minutes and then came back. We figured that maybe she was out for just a bit and went back in .(maybe to eat)

Because an hour later out she flew and went to her W and he flew around her and then flew up and went into box. WE waited 20 minutes before leaving and he did not come out So we think we have eggs an dare in full incubation. I will mark that down and then start watching at the end of June for signs of Hatching. Very hard site to monitor.  will post picutres and soon as I fix them

It was a very wet and cold weekend but Peter was a trooper and hung in there with me.  Every time he went out to take a pciture he got caught in a downpour We were so deflated Saturday night when we thought we had no male again, but last night felt so relieved. :-)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2010, 20:38 »
I have been doing a few late night stakeouts to see if they are incubating. I will know more in the next few days.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #170 on: May 20, 2010, 10:19 »
We have been down a lot ,lately becasue we need to pin point a time when eggs will be laid.  I think while I am away, but there were none yesterday when Gord went up(another story) so I will sit there and watch when I come back.

The roof tile came loose and when Peter and I were there on Tuesday night it was flapping up and down and we thought it would blow off. I notified Gord and he  was leary to go up while they were trying to nest but he did. A quick minute to use glue and  tape and Voila (fixed). The male flew around cacking at him and Miss Edmonton did not move till he got closer and circled above but did not cack. She knows Gord well.

When we were there last night, She ws on her W and he was up top on roof facing nest box. She then flew off and circled and went up and went in nest box. We saw him move to back left and I believe he was bowing.
then he flew off and landed on a letter. He is being very elusive for the camera., but we got a few shots.

Miss Edmonton                                                                        male facing nestbox

male after Miss edmonton went in and he flew down

this is harder ot observe this year but safer for them. that is the whole point.

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2010, 16:44 »
Great news about the nest box, Bev! I hope Miss Edmonton and her mate like it and will be able to take advantage of it.

Looking forward to your updates.