Author Topic: AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18  (Read 81507 times)

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Edmonton - Weber Building - 2010 / Weber & Ms Edmonton
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2010, 13:22 »
Talk about a soap opera   ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2010, 13:08 »
I will have more pictures in the next 2 days but we have a fledge. But there is a twist here.  Gord put up another male yesterday so I am not sure which one has fledged. I will have to go back an check my pictures and now really look for markings and bands.  I was excited this morning about the fledge  and then got a cal from Gord. He was not sure if I was still away or he would have prewarned me.  And the male is no other than the the young male form Red Deer that fell in the chimney.   I will have more later . so I have one fledged and one to go.and who is who, . I have the bands but hopefully I can tell. As long as 2 do well, that is what matters
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 13:28 by bev. »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #211 on: August 10, 2010, 16:28 »
Beautiful series of Miss E and her family Bev.  Thank you for sharing her with us and I hope her little guy fledges safely!

I know not having her transmitter on her will be hard for you but maybe she will come home earlier to you next year ... we will all be hoping for you  :-* :-*

Offline Ellie

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2010, 12:48 »
Great pictures.....beautiful pair with "little Mr."  Wishing for good things for all! ;D

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2010, 11:42 »
What a beauty Miss Edmonton is. So good to see her with a chick at last, and hopefully all will go well with the little guy. Have you given him a name?

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55 »
Oh, Bev. 
Thank you for sharing these photos and your heart with us. 
You have waited a long time for Miss Edmonton to have a family.
We are all hoping with you for good things for her "Little Mr". 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2010, 09:50 »
last few shots from august 8. both adults were above youngster. This was shortly after they went on attack.  Peter went down last night after work. As far as we know , no flight yet. Youngster was on back of building. Peter had all  3 in view  We had quite the storm last night so I hope all is well. will try and check today

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48 »
I keep clicking wrong buttons.  ::)  these are from August 8. the youngster is growing. He will be flying any day now.

While we wee there, both adults were suddenly on the attack. NOt sure if a hawk came too close or another juvenile falcon, but there were 3 birds and they wee right on its tail. It happened so fast.   I am impressed with this adult team. Always watching the young one. I pray for success here.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:51 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2010, 09:47 »
These are shots from august 4. It is hard to get good shots of this site.   the little mister is not lacking for food.

looking out                                                                 walking along,so grown up

male adult                                                         chick on right and male adult below

youngster eating                                                            miss Edmonton flying around(showing whee to fly to)

shows you where Miss Edmonton was. chick is further to right(this is south east part of roof)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2010, 09:46 »
part 3 of banding - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/album%20name/bev48/?action=view&current=9ba0193e.pbw

I cannot begin to tell you how I felt . I left a small part of me on the rooftop that day. she was my first falocn I ever watched.  As most of you know ,Miss Edmonton is dear to my heart. I am glad tracking device is off but now I will never know where she is , if she does not come back. On the up side, I will not know if something happened to her and I would prefer to think she goes on and on. I do have her band number for ID in the future.

Now I will watch her young one and hope it fledges successfully.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45 »
part 2 of banding - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/album%20name/bev48/?action=view&current=e36b1d8b.pbw

In one shot ,you can see university in background. The heart building is on far left

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45 »
I am sorry it took so long for me to update here. You know I have been watching. but with fledge watch at Clinical science my posting time was not great.

Unfortunately only one of Miss Edmontons 4 eggs hatched. We have had a bad year in Alberta for hatches but Gord will have all eggs all over tested and see if there is an underlying reason or if the weather contributed.

It has taken me awhile but here are slideshows from the banding july 23.  It was very windy up there and so high up, and we had to climb up on a steel ladder   :o  the chick was pretty calm .

The bander had to stop for a bit as he forgot rivets in his vehicle and so it gave us a chance to photograph Miss Edmonton.

Part 1 - http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x135/fullbrandt/album%20name/bev48/?action=view&current=e2627e5a.pbw
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:50 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2010, 08:17 »
Gord reported to me that he sees at least 2 chicks here. I will try and check on weekend. Up to my eyeballs at Clinical.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2010, 23:30 »
Peter and I  ere here 3 hours today so we could see a feed.

All appears well. thy are a quiet couple. I am glad she has figured out how to get up there.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2010, 14:48 »
everything appears to be still going good here. We try to get down there every 2nd day just o check. Maybe next week I will see some little heads.I will run down when I get a break from fledge watching at Uni.