Author Topic: ON / Burlington - Lift Bridge - 2009-13  (Read 12657 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / Burlington - Lift Bridge - 2009 / Sir Adam Beck & Cirrus
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 20:07 »
The new female has been identified by Mark Nash as an Ohio girl:

With a huge thank you once again to Juanita, we have some history on the new adult female at the Burlington Bridge nest site..  Black K over Green 83 was hatched in Dayton Ohio USA in 2006 from a nest site on the At&T building.  Her name is Cirrus.

She is paired with one of our King St hatched males 'Sir Adam' which I mentioned under the King St topic.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
ON / Burlington - Lift Bridge - 2009-13
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 06:39 »
2009 NESTING SEASON

And from the Burlington Lift Bridge site, home of Pittsburgh Pete - not sure if he was back there and wasn't even aware the rehabbers had released him but they are working on getting the males ID.  The female was killed however in a territorial dispute.

Yet another territorial dispute ending in mortality!
April 23, 2009 - Burlington - Lift Bridge

Mark Nash Reports:
Apologizes for the lack of recent updates on my behalf, but it has been a very busy spring in the field for us, (and an early one for some of the birds that caught us off guard).  There has been so much happening and so many territorial disputes between squabbling peregrines at many of the existing nests sites here in southern Ontario this year, it has been difficult to keep up with all that has happened -  (and the Burlington nest site has been no different). I don’t know where to begin, so the best I can do at this time with so much behind us is to start with my most recent news here at the Burlington nest site.. It all played out with the recovery of a dead adult female peregrine falcon found on territory last week.