Author Topic: OH / Cleveland - Terminal Tower - 2009-15  (Read 19380 times)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Terminal Tower - 2009 / Buckeye & SW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 22:56 »
Those were great videos, Carly, thanks for finding them for us.
Do you know how old the chicks were at banding?

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 21:27 »
Wow!!!  Those were incredible!!!  Did you see the falcon attack the one on the head?  Direct hit!  Thank goodness he had a helmit on! 
When I watch that, I feel so terrible for the parents as all they are stressed and all they are doing in protected their young.  I know this is for their recovery and I'm all for banding to be able to track them and the histoty.  But, you just feel helpless for the adults who have to watch intruder's taking away their babies who are also crying out for help from their parents!
All in all, they were banded, all is okay and no falcon was hurt or injured and the chicks are back in their parents care! 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 20:19 »
If you want to see some superb videos of yesterday's banding in Cleveland of Buckeye and SW's chicks.... they are outstanding!! 

Oh and turn down your headphones because the screaming parents will burn your eardrums.  And watch them attack..it's freaken awesome!!

The links are in this post at Rochester yahoo group and the Cleveland board also has them posted directly by the person bobby who made them.  I didn't want to post the direct links as I don't know him and didn't want to post anything without person's approval.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/kfalconcam/message/98013

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
OH / Cleveland - Terminal Tower - 2009-15
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 21:48 »
2009 NESTING SEASON

One of my favourite thngs is when a juvie from a previous year turns up somewhere else at a later date. One of the juvies from the Terminal Tower in Cleveland has now been found nesting in Pittsburgh - what is remarkable is that he was born in 1999! He is Bravo, band black/green V/H. He and his mate are nesting on the McKees Rocks Bridge, and they are incubating five eggs. They laid eggs last year on a girder on the bridge, but the nest failed. At that time it was not known who he was.

Bravo is a son of the legendary Zenith and her earlier mate Bullet. He is one of four chicks they raised in 1999.

Photo of Bravo by Beth Fife.