Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 177446 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #1159 on: September 02, 2008, 07:31 »
We down about 6:00 pm last night until 8:30pm Not much action.   i went up to the parkade across from the heart building and spotted a falcon on the back right corner of Newton Place roof(new apartment building) .  I was not sure if a juvenile or not , however I have not seen an adult there before.

I then went down to start my walk.  When I got to the bottom it was gone . I had wanted to see where it flew to but missed it.  Peter had to meet someone so I was doing it alone for a bit.

I walked to the Education building and over to the Sub building and then the Butterdome and then back to the other parkade across form Education building but could see no one in site. 

It gets cool now at night so when Peter came we finally had our supper at Hortons and while walking there we saw a falcon on dads tower(I believe it was dad)

While Peter was waiting for supper I went outside and all of a sudden a falcon flying low, flew around the heart building and landed on the back side of it on the roof(It was on the opposite side of where the Red deer one landed on her first flight). It could see the clinical science building from where it was perched(I believe it was Hope but not sure. I t cacked slightly , that is how I saw it.
I went back to eat  so we could see it from the window(so convenient ;) ;)))

We then went outside and I kept an eye on Hope??? while Peter checked by the Ed building but nothing. As he was walking back he saw a falcon fly  over by the clinical science building so he went over there.

He thinks it was mom but not sure and she was eating.  so we now have 3 in view. 
That does not mean that there is not 4 for just only saw the 3 at a time. 

Then Hope?? took off over the  hospital so we walked up toward the Ed building and down towards the butter dome and then turned left and walkked in front of the hospital.

We could see a falcon, I believe Hope?? , on a crane across form it toward the Jubilee. We think she must have been chasing mom.  then dad took off to the left of his tower.

sorry that is all we saw.

When we got in our car no one was in sight but it was getting dark.

the good news is that Peter has a course  today and tomorrow at moms building and will look for me at lunch hour and early in the morning before his course.  I will meet him down there after his course is done both days,.

Not being there for a few days , I will have to find their new digs.

I know it is too soon to move on yet so I will find t them.

Campus will be busy with students this week as this is orientation week and they will be drinking and   running around buying their books but we will manage.(maybe join them for a few ;) ;))
Peter will take the small camera today and I will take the big one with me tonight . None last night as we wire cleaning my daughters old  house and no time to go home.
Have a great day.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1158 on: September 01, 2008, 09:51 »
Thanks Maggie for posting the map .Tomorrow I will circle my walks for you :) :)
This is a labor of love for me and has become for my husband also.
I am in withdrawal as I have not been able to go the last few days with helping my daughter move and all but I get to go today and everyday until they leave.   :) :)

It is funny how these girls have become my family also.  We will start at the Ed building today as that is where they were last time we saw them.  Evening is better so we may go twice or just in the evening.

they should be here for a bit yet with the late start but it depends how quick they have caught on to hunting.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1157 on: August 31, 2008, 21:08 »
Bev, thanks again for sharing your stories and photos.  The following is a link to a map of the campus. After looking at this I can really appreciate just how much walking you have been doing  :)  I hope that the girls will hang around the campus for a while longer so that you can continue to see them. 

http://www.campusmap.ualberta.ca/
Thanks for the link to the map, Maggieblue.  Bird's eye view is what that is, and the distances would be so easy for our flying girls.  Thanks, Bev, for doing the tougher job of keeping up on foot!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1156 on: August 31, 2008, 18:50 »
Love all your photos Bev and love the memories.  Hard to believe how small Cassie was at one time.  They are so cute when they are little balls of white fluff.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1155 on: August 31, 2008, 16:24 »
You'll definitely be the most fit person, Bev. Any idea how many miles you've covered while watching the girls?
My favourite baby pic is the one of Cassie sitting with feet out in front of her, leaning against the unhatched egg, beak open, with Mom feeding her.

Offline maggieblue

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1154 on: August 31, 2008, 11:53 »
Bev, thanks again for sharing your stories and photos.  The following is a link to a map of the campus. After looking at this I can really appreciate just how much walking you have been doing  :)  I hope that the girls will hang around the campus for a while longer so that you can continue to see them. 

http://www.campusmap.ualberta.ca/

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1153 on: August 30, 2008, 22:11 »
Awww..she was such a cutie..thanks for the memories.  Don't tire yourself out too much Bev! 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1152 on: August 30, 2008, 16:38 »
We had another fierce storm last night and it is cool today but i will get there and give a report. Please be patient. with me. am helping daughter move to new house and also babysitting.  I have come to love Hope also

Remember when ??? :-* :-*

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1151 on: August 29, 2008, 22:12 »
It was pouring rain yesterday so I knew i would not find them and I was babysitting to day but I will be there tomorrow.   It is storming right now but hopefully it will be nice tomorrow.

I can hardly wait to see them again. :) :)

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1150 on: August 29, 2008, 20:30 »
Day after day you find them, admire them and let us share your delight.
It's such a relief every time you report that both are doing well.
Thank you, Bev.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1149 on: August 28, 2008, 19:10 »
Your pictures are nothing short of beautiful, thank you Bev for sharing them with us  :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1148 on: August 28, 2008, 16:26 »
Pictures from last night. the flying ones are not as good as before but I was quite a distance away when I spotted them. I did not have the camera at first because I thought I was too far away but thought I would give it a shot anyhow.
One on tower of Ed building and one above trying to land on top ;D ;D

Both flying over area

both flying over area

flying over tower

one flying solo

one on tower ,one flying overhead

one flying solo

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1147 on: August 28, 2008, 16:19 »
A few more shots from  Tuesday
Hope , I think on heart building

Mom,on tower of Ed building

Hope??on  of Ed building

Hope??

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #1146 on: August 28, 2008, 16:11 »
A few pictures form Tuesday night. 

Remember they are not as big as before becasue these girls like tall buildings and it is very hard to see them and capture a good one
The 2 together on the Heart building

I think this is Cassie

I think this is Hope

I could be wrong but they are both beautiful anyhow.

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #1145 on: August 28, 2008, 04:14 »
Bev do not worry about spelling errors.
I just enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pictures.
Many thanks for all your work.