Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178563 times)

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2008, 14:19 »
I agree.  I have no complaint about your photos clogging up the thread; and I haven't heard any from anyone else.  We all have the choice to stay out of any thread we find annoying!  Post away, my girl!   ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #198 on: July 01, 2008, 13:32 »

I will post a few pictures later. i am trying not to post too much as I seem to make the threads too long .
sorry about that. :-[ :-[
"

Bev!!!!
Your posts are so helpful, and the pictures so well capture the story in this nest.
Please don't "hold back."

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #197 on: July 01, 2008, 13:28 »
Thank you, Bev, for all the information and pictures on the Edmonton Chicks.  If it wasn't for you, many of us, especially me, would not know what is going on with them, as you are our prime source of information.

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2008, 12:54 »
The male is quite content perched on the edge of the nestbox enjoying the view for last 30+ mins while his sister is napping in the corner.  I noticed the parents haven't been seen or heard from for awhile but I'm sure they're around. 
I think this was meant to be in the Minnesota thread.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2008, 12:51 »
was that last post in the right place???

My cam is working just fine

that wing by the front of the nest is a leftover franklin's gull.  And I said she was neat.  Maybe becasue it has been so hot she is keeping  it there to feed when needed
It is a few degrees cooler today and there is a breeze. My husband and I will take a gander down there today.

It is supposed to rain a bit tomorrow.

I will post a few pictures later. i am trying not to post too much as I seem to make the threads too long .
sorry about that. :-[ :-[

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #194 on: July 01, 2008, 12:35 »
The male is quite content perched on the edge of the nestbox enjoying the view for last 30+ mins while his sister is napping in the corner.  I noticed the parents haven't been seen or heard from for awhile but I'm sure they're around. 

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #193 on: July 01, 2008, 12:13 »
Shoot - at least I could watch THIS cam from work before, but today it doesn't want to refresh. ... :( - I went out of the site, then in again, the pic has changed, but it stays the same.  - oh well, I'll have to be content with reading the forum!!  :P
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 12:20 by ballywing »

Offline Pchemist

• Past Member
  • Old Bird
« Reply #192 on: July 01, 2008, 11:11 »
Hm, the cam doesn't seem to be refreshing this morning.. ??? - and what is that grey lump under Radisson's tail feathers... ???
hmmm.  it's refreshing for me.  The grey thing might be a not-fully-eaten meal?

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #191 on: July 01, 2008, 10:26 »
Hm, the cam doesn't seem to be refreshing this morning.. ??? - and what is that grey lump under Radisson's tail feathers... ???

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2008, 22:15 »
No, I'm still here!!!  Thanks for the clue. 

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2008, 22:09 »
Hey Liz, the link is in the locked thread above this one called 'Project Webcams' ....even tho you're gone now  ;D

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2008, 22:05 »
We didn't get the link again at the beginning of this thread, and I'm having enough trouble using this dinosaur computer to go hunting for it on an old thread.  Please keep me posted -- what can you see on Tuesday when the sun is up?  Thanks. 

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2008, 21:45 »
The egg looks a bit funny....squished on top or something.. ???

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2008, 20:26 »
The female is off the chick but puts her wings up as a shelter for her. It would too hot right now to be right on her all the time.  It is stinking hot here and very humid. they are in the shade form about 3 on but still hot. 

I was sure that was a pip yesterday but maybe the heat was too much , I am no expert but I think things were O.K. yesterday as they were moving a lot and head down to it just like the other one.

but I am happy with th one.

/we are supposed to have rain on wednesday,but clouds are coming in so maybe we will get a we one tonight to cool it off.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2008, 19:17 »
That chick really looks more chick like and less like a blob of cotton balls! 
Interesting how long the adult has been off the egg and chick, yet still in the nest.  She looked like she was trying to cool her head in the gravel in the corner.  It must still be hot in Edmonton, even in the shade.