Author Topic: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess  (Read 63735 times)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: Radisson - 2018 / Pip & Princess
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2018, 17:57 »
So far we've had some rain and thunder but nothing serious. Somebirdie stopped by for a short visit and left at least 45 minutes ago.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2018, 17:53 »
Come to think of it, neither have I seen a robin this year, whereas in previous years there were usually quite a few in my yard. But it has been too dry for them to reach their food. :(  Maybe they'll still come if we continue to get rain, I hope.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2018, 17:08 »
never give up. a nest in Lincoln that should have young hatching right now, just laid two eggs.

one never knows.

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #223 on: May 29, 2018, 16:53 »
This is not just a change in behavior with our falcons this year, I have not seen one robin. In fact, except for crows and geese, I have not seen any birds.  ???

In Southdale with our man made lakes, I saw a pelican 3 weeks ago, and plenty of waterfowl. This morning, I saw a pair of geese with a ton of little goslings swimming around the lake. The city usually finds the nest and takes away the eggs but there is always one or two sneaky birds who manage to hide well.

When I saw the babies, I thought of our pair who haven't even laid an egg :'(

Bless them anyway, and hope for the best.

Offline GCG

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #222 on: May 29, 2018, 15:42 »
This is not just a change in behavior with our falcons this year, I have not seen one robin. In fact, except for crows and geese, I have not seen any birds.  ???

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #221 on: May 29, 2018, 15:31 »
I'm not expecting much activity today as it's very hot and humid in Winnipeg; however, we're also under a severe thunderstorm watch, so somebirdie may wish to take shelter inside the box.

Offline Monarch

• Hatchling
« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2018, 15:30 »
something funny happened to me today.... in a glass reflection I saw a big hawk or falcon flying, I got so excited until I realized it was a kite on one of the lower downtown roofs.  So disappointed when I realized I was fooled by a guy with a kite.

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2018, 14:54 »
Somebirdie, probably Pip, was sitting on the edge of the nestbox for close to 3 hrs last night, which reminded me of my friend Smiley who used to spend a lot of his time there (at night).

And I'm pretty sure that Pip was recently there, then about two minutes after he left, Princess arrived! ... okay, so she left, then Pip arrived again and also left ... and I need to get going too! ;D

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2018, 14:36 »
What wonderful news it was when Pip and Princess survived migration and arrived back home with their hope for a family! So I expect it will be sad for them if that doesn't happen.
I am also glad that they're back. With the cold and then the heat, their hormones may not know what to do.
Yes, I believe many birds are having difficulties this year.

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2018, 13:15 »
What wonderful news it was when Pip and Princess survived migration and arrived back home with their hope for a family! So I expect it will be sad for them if that doesn't happen.
I am also glad that they're back. With the cold and then the heat, their hormones may not know what to do.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2018, 19:32 »
Just saw one of them - not sure which - land on the west ledge, then soar off a couple minutes later into the sky - was lovely to see!! :)

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2018, 18:19 »

Offline burdi

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2018, 17:42 »
Thank you for sharing your nice pic of Princess, TPC!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2018, 14:43 »
She looks great!  8)