Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2012 / Beau & Jules  (Read 56675 times)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
Re: West Winnipeg - 2012 / January - March
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 18:10 »
Thanks "Wowzer" and his operator  :-\

Thank you Dennis and Wowzer.   ;D ;D

Offline irenekl

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 18:08 »
Bless the wowzer and thank you to Dennis!!  I really appreciate what we can learn from you Dennis.  Otherwise the curiousity would be killing us!

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 18:04 »

Thank you, Thank you!!  :-*

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 18:03 »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 17:01 »
Beau isn't home yet, but we have been able to identify the "boy" hanging out in West Winnipeg with Jules.  Before we get there, they are both at the Diner and the Bleachers but they aren't really hanging out together it seems to me.  Now that could change tomorrow, but my sense is that she is playing a little hard to get, perhaps giving Beau a bit more time to return much as Princess did in 2009 (in that case, Ivy bugged her for a week or more before Trey returned and drove him off).  The next week will probably "tell".

So our WW boy is Smiley from the last wild-hatch from the nestbox on the Smiley Tower in Grand Forks in 2009 (the tower was demolished).  He is the son of Terminator (Brandon) and Roosevelt (Fargo).  Terminator's mom Holly and Roosevelt are siblings.

Looking through his family tree, it looks like I can get back to the original captive-birds whose young were released in locations across Canada and the US Midwest which is kinda cool.  Also, there is a bird in common on both the US and Canadian trees - MF-1 the resident female in Minneapolis - she turns out to be both his third and fourth great grandmother.  Kinda cool.

Next thing to look up is the geographic locations of his ancestors - know we have Manitoba, North Dakota and Minnesota but I think we have a couple of others in the mix as well ... more on that when I get it ...

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 21:02 »
...Yep my week-end is starting so that would mean that me and Wowzer will be out to see if we can get some photos and band #'s  :-\
Well, there are many of us waiting, with baited breath, dennis. ;) :-*

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 19:37 »
For folks that new to the forum and for folks that have forgotten...this is the link to photos for the Peregrines 2012

http://www.pbase.com/photosbydennis/peregrines_2012

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 19:34 »
The good news is that I haven't seen them on the Bleachers and today both birds hanging out at the Diner...Jules did do a fly-by and a couple of circles but didn't land...so that's my news for a Friday. Yep my week-end is starting so that would mean that me and Wowzer will be out to see if we can get some photos and band #'s  :-\

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 16:31 »
Confirmed as of 1637hrs, Jules has a companion at the Diner.  Don't know who it is but he was sitting in all the right places and Jules seemed pleased to see him.  The winds today have been great for long soaring fast flights and there were lots of loops around the Diner and (so far) no visits we have witnessed over the last couple of days to the Bleachers!  Yippeeee!!!

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 19:51 »
Wonderful news about Jules!!!  Now... Mr. Beau, c'mon, get your tailfeathers back, show us some leg, and get busy...oh yeah, in the "right" spot!!!   ;D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 17:07 »
When I looked at the picture of Jules Dennis sent via e-mail  it sure looked like she had a very full crop.........so she must be finding some good eats!  ;D

Offline dupre501

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 15:38 »
Looked like a peregrine on the NE corner of the diner at 2:20 pm. There was a different type of bird on the NW corner. Thought to myself, don't fly away yet other-birdie, or you'll be an afternoon snack.

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 10:24 »
Wonderful news, to hear that Jules is back! :D Have precautions been taken so that the WW PF's won't nest in the same place that they nested last year, TPC? ???

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 09:20 »
Welcome home Jules!!!!  :D

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 08:47 »
Happy Happy!!  Glad to hear Jules is home!   ;D