Author Topic: McKenzie Seeds - 2012 / Brooklyn & Hurricane  (Read 114756 times)

Offline susha

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: McKenzie Seeds - 2012 / April
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2012, 12:17 »
Welcome home Brooklyn!! :-*

RCF, I join the others in thanking you for keeping us up-to-date on the goings on in Brandon!  I love your photos and we're very lucky that you and Rose are giving us so thoroughly informed.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2012, 09:12 »
My thanks as well, RCF....sure do enjoy all your great photos. Hope to join you on the parkade soon as I am homeward bound next week.

I am sure Rose and I will meet you at the parkade.........pm me and let me know when you might be there.  8)

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2012, 23:58 »
My thanks as well, RCF....sure do enjoy all your great photos. Hope to join you on the parkade soon as I am homeward bound next week.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2012, 19:44 »
I'd like to thank everyone for the nice comments on my pictures.  I very much enjoy watching the falcons and sharing with all who are interested.  :)

Offline Doreen

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
McKenzie Seeds - 2012 / April
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2012, 18:27 »
Great photos again RCF! :D

Welcome home Brooklyn!!! ;D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2012, 17:40 »
TPC, I think Brooklyn likes your new nest box!!  ;D  

Always thought Brooklyn had good taste  ;)  ;D

Ooops, addendum - photo bottom left on your montage RCF is definitely confirmation of Brooklyn's identity :D
Like we really needed it - great taste in real estate, female peregrines and photogenic to boot (or would that be "to band"?  ;D)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 17:42 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2012, 15:42 »
I was down at the McKenzie building this morning to see if I could get a better look at Brooklyn's band.  When I got there both Hurricane and Brooklyn were dive bombing the Raven, their nest is on the fire escape on west side of the McKenzie building. Then I watched some peregrine love at the top of the clock tower roof.  ::)   :-X    Brooklyn flew off and out of sight for maybe five minutes, then I spotted him on the southeast corner of the McK roof with prey. After looking through my pics, I could determine he caught a Northern Flicker, ( not posting that pic  :-X ).  He proceeded to pluck it, feathers were flying all over the place. Then he went to the west side of the roof just above where the Raven is nesting to continue his meal....which he didn't share,  ::)  and that's where I got his band number.  :-*    One of the Ravens was on it's nest and the other one was on a low building across the lane and was complaining loudly. When I left, Hurricane was on the west light and Brooklyn was in the nest box. 

TPC, I think Brooklyn likes your new nest box!!  ;D 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 20:19 by RCF »

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2012, 19:57 »
Nice photos again RCF - I think Dennis is going to want to know where all your best spots are on Rosser!!  And I think you are probably right about it being Brooklyn - had a look at his white breast and cheek patches and they are the most pristine (perfect almost-neon white) of all the Manitoba birds so if it wasn't him, it would have be a relative!!  But I think it probably is Brooklyn - and I'm sure you will get that band number between your camera's cross-hairs yet!!  ;D

Offline Cooper

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2012, 18:17 »
Oh RCF, you take such great photos that I get mesmerized and then forget to thank you. So thank you for these and all the other times I've missed saying it. We are so lucky to have you "on duty"!  ;)

Offline mspeach

• Hatchling
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2012, 17:56 »
Such a relief to think all have returned home this year.   Great pictures, RCF.   The guy peeking out of the box is so cute.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2012, 17:11 »
Well no time wasted here getting down to business!  Yay..!

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2012, 14:36 »
Great news, RCF. I'm sure you are right....it must be Brooklyn!   :o

Well, it sure looks like him.   ;)   I would think if it wasn't Brooklyn, Hurricane would probably be standoffish like Jules was to Smiley.

I agree with RCF.  I don't think Brooklyn would be so friendly with him.  After all her Mother is a Princess and Hurricane is a Lady.

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2012, 14:36 »
Was looking back a couple of pages to look at the pictures of Brooklyn and saw the picture of the new next box. Is this box missing a perch?

Yes to your question Linder.   I guess when they installed the box last fall a few pieces were forgotten, but I beleive TPC said they were coming out in the spring to put on the perch bar and some edging at the east and north sides of the box. TPC would know more about it and when this will happen.  :)

Offline Linder

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2012, 14:15 »
Was looking back a couple of pages to look at the pictures of Brooklyn and saw the picture of the new next box. Is this box missing a perch?

Offline RCF

• Old Bird
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2012, 14:05 »
Great news, RCF. I'm sure you are right....it must be Brooklyn!   :o

Well, it sure looks like him.   ;)   I would think if it wasn't Brooklyn, Hurricane would probably be standoffish like Jules was to Smiley.