Author Topic: West Winnipeg - 2010 / Beau & Jules  (Read 95972 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
West Winnipeg - 2010 / April
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2010, 05:13 »
Very happy to hear that Jules is being courted  :-* :-*

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2010, 00:12 »
After 6 hours total of hanging around in the wind and cold, methinks TPC is short for
Tough Peregrine Chick.  What dedication!

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2010, 00:03 »
Spent close to 4 hours hanging out with the Brandon birds in the cold and wind.  Granted they were hanging out but not a whole lot of movement so it was still a long time in the cold & wind hoping for a quick look at a leg band  ;D
Brandon or west Wpg TPC? Ya have me confused. ???
I'm confused too...  :-\ Is this on the right thread? Brandon or West Winnipeg? ???

Sorry should have included the quote I was responding to ... Shock88 was commenting on my patience to hang out for 2 hours waiting for the West Winnipeg birds, I mentionned that I had spent 4 hours in Brandon in the cold and wind with no better luck reading band numbers.

Offline Saoirse

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2010, 22:04 »
Just glad he's come a'visiting!!

Definitely glad he's come a'visiting -- now we'll just hope he decides to stick around!  :)

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2010, 21:42 »
Spent close to 4 hours hanging out with the Brandon birds in the cold and wind.  Granted they were hanging out but not a whole lot of movement so it was still a long time in the cold & wind hoping for a quick look at a leg band  ;D
I'm confused too...  :-\ Is this on the right thread? Brandon or West Winnipeg? ???

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2010, 21:32 »
Dennis is right, absolutely not Trey.  We don't know who he is yet, but we came close and we'll come close again to seeing his bands.

Just glad he's come a'visiting!!

Offline photosbydennis

• Project
  • Old Bird
    • www.pbase.com/photosbydennis
« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2010, 20:51 »
It's not Trey... :(
Trying to get a band # is tough at times  :(

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2010, 20:44 »
I'm very happy for Jules.   ;D  If "...it is most definitely not Ivy!!"...then who's the mystery man?  Can it be...Mr. Trey or a different male?    ???

Offline bccs

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2010, 17:58 »

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2010, 17:39 »
If you build it, they will come ...

Jules had a gentleman (based on size) caller last night and he was still around this morning.  And no, it is most definitely not Ivy!!  She's still stuck on the old nestsite, but I'm not sure how keen he is, he didn't seem to want to visit there.  Smart bird.  They were back on the Diner talking, so looks like courting at the least.  They took a fly around the whole area, then headed south and didn't come back ... I left after 1.5-2.0 hours ...

Good news that Jules has herself a suitor and a smart one at that. We can only hope he can convince her but you know we women have a mind of our own. ::)   1.5 to 2.0 hours....WOW TPC, now that's patience! :)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 00:01 by The Peregrine Chick »

Offline Shocka88

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2010, 17:24 »

Jules had a gentleman (based on size) caller last night and he was still around this morning.  And no, it is most definitely not Ivy!!  She's still stuck on the old nestsite, but I'm not sure how keen he is, he didn't seem to want to visit there.  Smart bird.  They were back on the Diner talking, so looks like courting at the least.  They took a fly around the whole area, then headed south and didn't come back ... I left after 1.5-2.0 hours ...

Good news that Jules has herself a suitor and a smart one at that. We can only hope he can convince her but you know we women have a mind of our own. ::)   1.5 to 2.0 hours....WOW TPC, now that's patience! :)

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2010, 16:50 »
 :)  So happy to hear there is a male courting Jules.

Offline Jo

• Phanatic
  • Chick
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2010, 16:16 »

Jules had a gentleman (based on size) caller last night and he was still around this morning. 

Woo hoo - you go Jules!  ;)
I'm so happy that the mystery man has decided to stick around. Hopefully he'll be able to woo Jules into laying eggs in the custom built nest box. (which is quite lovely)

Offline moka

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2010, 14:41 »
Great news! A smart suitor, too. Knows his real estate. Good luck, you two. ;)

Offline allikat

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2010, 14:39 »
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!! 

Oh how I hope this one stays and e-chups to her heart!!!!

Come you two, bond, court, roost, and live happily ever after in that new luxurious condo!!!!