Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2010 / ? & Radisson  (Read 65905 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2010 / ? & Radisson
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 12:13 »
walk away from the keyboard to do some work and some fairy came and cleaned the box :-* :-*

Woohoo...just came out of a meeting and to a clean nest box.  I'm sure Radisson will be happy - now she make her own mess..lol  :-* ;D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2010, 12:01 »
walk away from the keyboard to do some work and some fairy came and cleaned the box :-* :-*

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2010, 00:39 »
They are both beautiful falcons, and seem so familiar.  Who else could they be?

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2010, 21:49 »
I spent a great part of my day trying to ID female and male at box

the box should be cleaned ,I am told ,shortly.

Here is a slideshow of the many poses of the female(who I am almost certain is Radisson.  the last shot is the male. His breast is much whiter and he fills less of he box.  the female  is spending more and more time at the box.

Many poses of the Female

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2010, 16:40 »
Thanks for the report Bev and glad you and Mr Bev can maintain your bond with each other and the falcons..hehe  :-* :-*

Offline Kinderchick

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2010, 14:41 »
Great report, bev, especially the part about your "romantic" evening with Peter! LOL! ;) Seriously, though, your report was super and I enjoyed the short slide show! :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2010, 14:29 »
Peter and I spent a romantic evening   ;) ;)checking out Edmonton peregrine sites.  We were pleased to find the sites we checked dong well.
then we headed for clinical science.

Upon arriving we saw the male flying in from the southeast. He tried to land on the very top aerial o f his building(Windsor Apartments) ,but did not stay there long . He then circled around the heart building and flew past the nest box and then up on Heart building.  

We were not quick enough to capture a picture of him but we heard the chupping and then saw the female in the nest box, on the back right side.

She then cam out on the perch, looking as gorgeous as ever.    I went looking around the heart building  and that is when I saw the male fly between the two of them and head out north west.

When I got back where Peter was, He had witnessed the female fly onto the heart building and then the male came around , and they copulated. that was when I saw the male flying off.  (kiss and run ;D ;D  )

The female hung around a bit and then she flew off north east over the Newton apartments.  

It was getting dark and no sign of them. We looked where they tucked in, but no sign. When we got back to clinical science area, we spotted the female eating on the top north east corner of College Plaza.

We later saw one of them tucked in at usual spot and it was too dark to check other side.
so all is going well.
A short slide show.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 07:48 »
I will write a report later this morning.  Was down at the site last night and saw both. I f anyone watching gets band numbers before me please e-mails me.

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 20:53 »
Somebirdy is home right now.  It looks like the female from last year but we'll have to wait to get a positive band ID.   :)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2010, 14:43 »
The box is such a mess and the cam lens is  dirty so I cannot get a positive ID yet. Hopefully It is getting cleaned next week

I have not been able to watch cam too much last few days but I do know she is coming to box more now but I have not seen both at box yet. anyone else.

But by actions and where they roost it seems like same psir but I will not say until I know for sure.

Hopefully I can see that this week.

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2010, 14:13 »
5:48 Edmonton time and Radisson is laying in the nestbox this morning???!!  And she heard me, she's up and she's off  :P ::)

And refresh and she's back inside...could it be time for an egg?!  They've been home long enough now

Do we have a confirmation that it's Radisson???  ???

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 06:49 »
5:48 Edmonton time and Radisson is laying in the nestbox this morning???!!  And she heard me, she's up and she's off  :P ::)

And refresh and she's back inside...could it be time for an egg?!  They've been home long enough now
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:53 by carly »

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 18:54 »
Thank you for the updates, Bev! One falcon was at the nest a little while ago:

Offline birdcamfan

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 10:36 »
Sorry to hear about your camera. I remember how excited you were when you got it.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 10:04 »
Thanks for the info, Bev.  Whenever I go to the U of A website, I get nothing, not even the ravens.  I hope we get an identity on the two falcons soon.