Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (66/100) > >>

carly:
Thank you both for the report on Miss Edmonton and her new beau!  Very happy to hear they are both there and incubating!!

bev.:
Have been extensively watching site since last Monday night and Pete and I  camped out there on the weekend in the rain and snow. Well we were in our car, but stayed there 4-5 hours on Saturday and 8 hours yesterday. do I have a life?????

On Saturday we thought there was no male again. We were just sick.  but yesterday , after being there for 2 hours there was a nest exchange and there was the male. We were thrilled  We saw another exchange before we left.

I think on Saturday when we saw her leave quickly , and come right back ,it was him that came back and she may have gone into box. At times on Saturday it was hard to see through the snow. After watching yesterday and seeing which letters they always perch on, and going back over the last couple of weeks we are almost positive that it was him that came back when we thought it was her.

Yesterday she  flew away for a bi tand came back with a full crop. Then a half hour later she went to box and male came out. He perched on the last E of center.  He later flew east to hunt, we figure, and then came back and perched on T.

We saw female come out and fly around and he went on roof ledge by box and then came back.  He went up again for about 10 minutes and then came back. We figured that maybe she was out for just a bit and went back in .(maybe to eat)

Because an hour later out she flew and went to her W and he flew around her and then flew up and went into box. WE waited 20 minutes before leaving and he did not come out So we think we have eggs an dare in full incubation. I will mark that down and then start watching at the end of June for signs of Hatching. Very hard site to monitor.  will post picutres and soon as I fix them

It was a very wet and cold weekend but Peter was a trooper and hung in there with me.  Every time he went out to take a pciture he got caught in a downpour We were so deflated Saturday night when we thought we had no male again, but last night felt so relieved. :-)

bev.:
I have been doing a few late night stakeouts to see if they are incubating. I will know more in the next few days.

bev.:
We have been down a lot ,lately becasue we need to pin point a time when eggs will be laid.  I think while I am away, but there were none yesterday when Gord went up(another story) so I will sit there and watch when I come back.

The roof tile came loose and when Peter and I were there on Tuesday night it was flapping up and down and we thought it would blow off. I notified Gord and he  was leary to go up while they were trying to nest but he did. A quick minute to use glue and  tape and Voila (fixed). The male flew around cacking at him and Miss Edmonton did not move till he got closer and circled above but did not cack. She knows Gord well.

When we were there last night, She ws on her W and he was up top on roof facing nest box. She then flew off and circled and went up and went in nest box. We saw him move to back left and I believe he was bowing.
then he flew off and landed on a letter. He is being very elusive for the camera., but we got a few shots.

Miss Edmonton                                                                        male facing nestbox

male after Miss edmonton went in and he flew down

this is harder ot observe this year but safer for them. that is the whole point.

Alison:
Great news about the nest box, Bev! I hope Miss Edmonton and her mate like it and will be able to take advantage of it.

Looking forward to your updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version