Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

AB / Edmonton - Weber Centre - 2009-18

<< < (55/100) > >>

bev.:
Yes, Tracy is also one in a million :-*. Her love for peregrines shows with all her above and beyond things she does at each site and on her forum.

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: bev. on September 02, 2010, 10:23 ---...This is one thing that is so cool for me. Peter and I spent a lot of time with Gord this year and he is just so passionate about the peregrines and after all these years of working  with them , his passion for them just shines  through. It is so infectious and we have learned so much.
At some sites the biologists have gotten  complacent , but not here.
Heaven help us, when Gord is no longer in this position. We are very lucky.
--- End quote ---

Yes, you certainly are very lucky, bev! We here in Winnipeg feel the same way about Tracy. ;D

bev.:
Our young fellow has been flying 3 weeks today. He is doing great but we still get heart attacks when he is taking food fro mom. they are so low during the exchanges.  Mr. WEber is flying up a storm and loves to chase after dad.  Last night when we we went first time we saw our young man fly off WEber roof and land beside box and then he went off soaring. No sign of adults. Then a storm came up so we went to University.

We went back to Weber just  before dark and saw no one,. Now time to investigate. Not knowing where the haunts are   yet, we found young Mr. Weber and dad on another building, facing south. They were on  the letters. the building is the nest highest in area(where Gord originally wanted to put nest box). He told me dad may roost here to get away from junior.  That sure worked .

We went on lower roof of Weber to check out things just before we left and all of a sudden I saw 2 falcons out of the corner of my eye.(it was quite dark) one had food in talons. and I heard  a bit of cacking(I had not gotten out of car yet so cacking was faint.)  I am assuming young Mr. had food in talons as it was last and the other was ahead. We quickly went around back and saw mom on the W of WEber and we are assuming kid was on a roof eating or on Weber roof. Too dark to see. (Being the worrier, I am, I was hoping the kid got to eating spot O.K., with it being dark and all)  We quickly drove over to other building and dad was still there. Good lookout point from there. (they have had quite a few intruders passing through). So we will keep watching here very closely for signs of the young Mr. being independent with hunting. We have seen him trying to stoop.

I am still waiting to hear about the Red Deer youngster. I know Gord is very busy, so I do not bug him. I know Gord so wanted this to work out on Weber for the Red Deer male. He wanted him to be with a family , but I think the smoke got the best of him that day he was found. This is one thing that is so cool for me. Peter and I spent a lot of time with Gord this year and he is just so passionate about the peregrines and after all these years of working  with them , his passion for them just shines  through. It is so infectious and we have learned so much.  At some sites the biologists have gotten  complacent , but not here.  Heaven help us, when Gord is no longer in this position. We are very lucky.

I have tons of picutres and will share them, when we get my program up to speed again. but I guess I will only post the best of the thousands I have :-)

Kinderchick:
I certainly do agree with sami, on all accounts, bev. :)

sami:
Please don't blame yourself for not being there, Bev - as you said, you can't possible be there 24/7. It's just amazing how much time you put into making sure the falcons are okay, and everyone appreciates all your work and updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version