Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (52/56) > >>

Alison:

--- Quote from: bev. on February 15, 2010, 08:33 ---What injury does she hav3e an can they not trap her and check her out and try and rehabilitate her.

I know trapping is possible

I jsut read back on this. Hopefully she is O.K.

the parents will not harm her and they jsut might let her stay around . I have read wehre sometimes a juvenille has helped out in the rearing..

--- End quote ---

Not sure if you found the posts from the 2009 thread, Bev. Polly has a serious leg injury (according to the site, a foot injury, but it looks more like an injury further up the leg, or even a hip injury. She has been barely able to get around.

Eve had attempted to catch her, but Polly was not willing to cooperate, so she finally had to give up.

Alison:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on February 16, 2010, 10:59 ---I would be inclined to think that if she has been with them since hatching, she may not be seen as a rival when the nesting hormones kick into gear in a month-ish, could mean, if she has the good sense to be low-key, that she will be able to stay through the summer on her parents' territory.  Will be interesting to watch!!!

--- End quote ---

I hope you're right about this, TPC! Spirit and Roger seem to be comfortable with Polly there for now. I hope she stays. I wonder if she is hunting for herself, or if Spirit and Roger are allowing her to share their food.

The Peregrine Chick:
I would be inclined to think that if she has been with them since hatching, she may not be seen as a rival when the nesting hormones kick into gear in a month-ish, could mean, if she has the good sense to be low-key, that she will be able to stay through the summer on her parents' territory.  Will be interesting to watch!!!

bev.:
What injury does she hav3e an can they not trap her and check her out and try and rehabilitate her.

I know trapping is possible

I jsut read back on this. Hopefully she is O.K.

the parents will not harm her and they jsut might let her stay around . I have read wehre sometimes a juvenille has helped out in the rearing..

carly:
Wow..she's still there?  And they are ok with it?  I hope they let her stay once they start courting and nesting.  Perhaps like over in the UK a few years ago, she will help her mom raise the young?!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version