Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (50/56) > >>

Alison:
I think this is Roger in the first pics; don't see a band, and the bib is white:

And I think this is Spirit in the nest box this evening, which means there could be a first egg any time:

Alison:
Caught Roger at the nest box today:

Elaine L:
Two falcons ( I presume Spirit and Roger) are on the ledge right now at the University of Montreal site; one is defeathering and eating, and the other is placidly watching, so I guess they are in the courtship phase right now.  Oh, wait, the watcher ran over and grabbed a piece; but there was no argument, so I guess all is love and kisses.

Elaine L:
Spirit is on the ledge right now at the University of Montreal - at least, I believe it is Spirit, and not Roger, considering the size.

The live camera has a great view of her, looking very regal and strutting around for the last few minutes.

http://ornithologie.ca/faucons/

carly:
Oh that's wonderful news Alison!  I wasn't sure the way Nic had worded it - she said Polly steals a wing, a breast from them so you could infer anything from that.  But this is good news if she is learning to hunt for herself.  It sounds though they enjoy having her there and I think it's wonderful personally!

Amazing isn't it how the falcons always seem to surprise us, they really are the most wonderful birds  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version