Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (44/56) > >>

Alison:

--- Quote from: bev. on May 02, 2010, 08:54 ---First hatch at Montreal .they have sound now. I am on my way out but I thought I would share it with you :-* :-*

--- End quote ---

There is a hatch? According to today's post on the site, there are pips in two eggs so far.

I am very much hoping that all the eggs will hatch successfully.

bev.:
First hatch at Montreal .they have sound now. I am on my way out but I thought I would share it with you :-* :-*

Seee video at BCATW of Polly visit. heart attack
http://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=480&start=360

It is towards end of page

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: Elaine L on April 28, 2010, 12:49 ---...This has been such and interesting and compelling site, and I want all our falcons here to do well.
--- End quote ---

This is a very interesting nest site, indeed, Elaine, what with Polly in the picture. I do hope the eggs will hatch!

--- Quote from: bev. on April 28, 2010, 12:45 ---Slideshhow(does say beginning and end)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the slideshow, bev. :)

Elaine L:
I sure hope you are right, Bev.  We cannot give up hope.  This has been such and interesting and compelling site, and I want all our falcons here to do well.

bev.:
Well, these eggs are not due for a few days yet, and I say , never say never. they said the egg in NCTC eagle nest would not hatch becasue of all the cold temperatures, rain and snow they endured, and it did.

Even if only one egg hatches. but even thought they have been left at times  it was not that cold out and the main thing is turning and keeping the temperature so it does not get below a certain tempertatur. I f anything they may hatch late. Look at Columbus last year, that one egg was not incubated for over a week(I will have to check archives) and then she had 3 more and they all hatched.

Polly was there for a bit this morning and the parent tried 3 times ot come around and finally got in. Eggs were uncovered for 20 minutes but Polly was there and maybe her body heat was enough.

Slideshhow(does say beginning and end)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version