Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

QC / Montréal - l'Université de Montréal - 2009-19

<< < (22/56) > >>

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: carly on April 22, 2011, 19:12 ---And just for eye spy, get out your banjo again!  Polly has been located, alive and well and nesting possibly with her brother!!!..
--- End quote ---
LOL, carly! Of course we all remember Polly! How could we ever forget her and her baby snatching antics?! ;)

carly:
And just for eye spy, get out your banjo again!  Polly has been located, alive and well and nesting possibly with her brother!!!

http://fauconsudem.blogspot.com/2011/04/des-nouvelles-de-polly.html

Rusty french tranlsation in my own words:

Eve starts off saying 'we all remember Polly, the juvie who wouldn't leave the nest last year and who continuously interfered with her parents during incubation last year, she also to our great distress stole one of the babies.  And here she is one year later, at 2 years of age attempting to nest herself for the first time at a newly discovered nest.  Thank you to Sylvain Cusson who discovered and read our Polly's bands.

The most troubling thing is her partner might be her brother Algo.  So far the numbers we've managed to read on his bands correspond to Algo's but have still to be confirmed.'

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Elaine L on April 16, 2011, 23:38 ---Yes, TPC, that is what I meant to say; the falcon had a little box on its back with a wire sticking up out of it.

--- End quote ---

I figured that's what you meant Elaine, but it is late on a Saturday night, so just needed to clarify.  ;)
Hope the Montreal folks manage to find out who their new arrival is and where they have been!

Elaine L:
Yes, TPC, that is what I meant to say; the falcon had a little box on its back with a wire sticking up out of it.

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: Elaine L on April 16, 2011, 12:39 ---Engineers have placed a nestbox under a new bridge they are building in Montreal, the Mercier Bridge, and a falcon with a wire attached is now there. 
--- End quote ---

The falcon has a wire on it?  As in radio/satellite transmitter?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version