Author Topic: AB / Warburg - Genesee Plant - 2009-18  (Read 86347 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: Genesse - 2011 / Mr & Mrs Genesse
« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2011, 17:01 »
I will try and keep this up like Bird cams around the world. 

I  will look and see what I have missed posting this last few days.
there was a major development today and if it is not posted by Genesse , I will post it.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2011, 16:37 »
I think the problem is partly due to the fact that there are Genesee postings on both this Forum and the Bird Cams Around the World site.  I try to visit both sites, but it is really hard, and consequently, I, am maybe others, are not able to keep track of what is going on.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #393 on: May 04, 2011, 14:14 »
Everything is O.K. Elaine. I t will all become clear.

there are 4 eggs.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #392 on: May 04, 2011, 14:02 »
Female is in nestbox, agitated, screaming, looking up and sideways at whoever is flying around, but she stays on the eggs.  Whichever male is causing all the agitation has not shown himself.   Perhaps the males are still battling it out.  At least, I think this means that no one is dead or injured yet.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #391 on: May 04, 2011, 11:56 »
Sorry I could not report here. I was too busy monitoring the site since MOnday.

Yesterday was a day of on again off again. TR male would come in and the female   would leave and then eventually come back.Sometimes she just stayed.  It appears that the TR male has taken site and Female incubated all night which is good. The other male was probably around yesterday by the way the TR male was very on and off and shouting. He has been courting her and she was just interested in incubating, TR male brought in a gift last night which is a good sign and then they both left . she did come right back to incubate.  this morning she was gone for quite a bit first off but has been on eggs since 7:35am and it is 10:50am.  Saw her up for a bit and could not figure out if she laid another egg or was jsut sitting.  Need her to get up now.  We will have to see how this plays out.

I will make you a slideshow later today. I have so many pictures that i will have to sort through.

Hard to take sides here. I do believe TR guy comes back late because of transmitter. I f he nests then maybe they can take it off. that was the plan last year. The other male has a interest also, and is responsible for the 3 eggs.

Another day in the peregrine soaps.  Man, oh , man!!!

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2011, 16:30 »
The female just went into the nestbox.  She looks quite relaxed, considering the situation.  No sign of either of the males.

Offline Elaine L

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #389 on: May 03, 2011, 16:17 »
Every time I looked at this site this afternoon, no one has been on the eggs, and the falcons have not appeared on the camera.  Perhaps someone else has seen them.  I don't know what is going on at this moment.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #388 on: May 03, 2011, 01:01 »
Well, we will have to see how this plays out.

From 10:44am this morning, when TR male touched down, to close of  day, it was action packed. TR male would come in briefly and female was not concerned in the least. She would go out with him or go out later.   She was always back withing a half hour to sit on eggs.   There was only one period of time where she was gone for a bit over an hour.(It was warm today)

The unbanded male was not seen at all until 6:28pm.  He came in and immediatley started incubating. He did look uncertain and leary.  I really felt for him.  He then went of eggs and then was on wrung and looking all around . He went back in and lay behind eggs and then left quickly at 6:51pm He was not seen again this evening.

TR male came in shortly after .  F came in at 6:59pm and was there when cam shut down.  TR male made an appearance but female was not concerned.  At one point Tr male sniffed eggs and then female went in.  I will add a few slide shows tomorrow but I will not be able to watch much. Have commitments.  so if anyone is around I would appreciate you watching.

I hope no one is hurt but I would like to see these eggs hatch and a family raised. If TR male becomes male here again, there is a good chance they will try and take off transmitter. this will end the problem of him returning late.(or should, it did for Miss Edmonton)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #387 on: May 02, 2011, 19:54 »
Now TR male is in the box....oh lord, it's going to be a serious fight I"m thinking. 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #386 on: May 02, 2011, 19:49 »
The male is back..the unbanded one..he's with his eggs.  Some yelling going on too.

Offline RCF

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2011, 18:42 »
Lots of drama going on here, not something we really want.  :o

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2011, 15:00 »
1:56pm - I will do a slideshow later but these were good shots. Everything was quiet for almost an hour. the female was incubating and then in comes TR male. I am not sure if he is chasing her out or jsut wants to bond. He has been in a few times but she is not really fazed as she knows him. If he chases her off these eggs I will boot him. We have had males before, take over anothers eggs. Still have not seen unbanded male.  I do not want her under the air vents again. but I have no say ;)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 15:02 by bev. »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2011, 13:19 »
that is why they wanted to have them raise chicks last yer. The last ditch attempt was when they put the chicks in.  We will see how it plays out.  I have not seen other male yet today , but cams did not go back up till after 9 Am .  I am on pins and needles here. I wish I could leave and go out there.  do not want to see anyone hurt.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2011, 12:52 »
Oh no, poor guy - I wish they had managed to catch him last year to remove that stupid thing.  H'es lost his box and his mate because of it  :'(

OMG..just saw him on the box..yellling and he just was looking up and took off...  :o
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:56 by carly »

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #381 on: May 02, 2011, 12:32 »
Transmitter male came to box at 10:44am.  He went on wrung and  Female was incubating, Female got up and he went inside and then they were both gone. did not get all shots. Not quick enoug.  there are 3 eggs Female is back lying in box. Hope all is O.K.

Last picture is when Transmitter male came in. Rest were all before. female had gone out on wrung and then went back to box, to incubate. shortly after TR male came in .