Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178157 times)

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #559 on: July 23, 2008, 00:06 »
they cleaned the nest box a bit yesterday, but due to the time the chick was out of the box they did not do as good a job as usual.
.I have not the pictures ready yet as i am an observer on an eagle site as well for delta British Columbia and one of our eaglets fell from the tree tonight and we have all been on line. Luckily we have a line to the rescue site and DAvid hancock and they got there but so far have not found it, so please excuse me if I am a bit late with the pictures. they will have to try in the morning again. I am just sick.

Oh, and I told the biologists that you would all be worried.  they are amazed by the following of the cam.
I have a few more pictures from today that I will post later and I will try and get the other pictures ready for tomorrow.  I  was working on them as our ealget feell while doing some nice wing flaps :'( :'(

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #558 on: July 22, 2008, 23:14 »

After all, if you build it (the webcam and nestbox), they (the phantics) will come!

What the heck are phantics?  I meant.... phanatics!  Just in case I confused you, and you thought  I meant elephantics.

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #557 on: July 22, 2008, 21:47 »
The biologists hopefully know about all of us, and how much we care and enjoy learning about this nestbox family.  After all, if you build it (the webcam and nestbox), they (the phantics) will come!

LOL -- I hope so!! 

Offline Moonstar

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #556 on: July 22, 2008, 21:00 »
I like Cassandra also.

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #555 on: July 22, 2008, 19:05 »
Bev, thank you for bringing us all the information and great photos of this special site.

The biologists hopefully know about all of us, and how much we care and enjoy learning about this nestbox family.  After all, if you build it (the webcam and nestbox), they (the phantics) will come!

We all understand busy, and are thankful you take the time to be involved with both the project biologists and us in this forum.      

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #554 on: July 22, 2008, 18:58 »
I also notice -- the box seems even cleaner today than yesterday!  Is that possible??

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #553 on: July 22, 2008, 18:55 »
Beautiful photos bev, as usual.  And thanks for letting us know what was going on.  I love that photo of Radisson 5th from the bottom -- what a gorgeous girl with her white throat! 

btw -- Angel is a pretty name, but I still vote for Cassandra.  It sounds regal to me.  Perfect name for the granddaughter of a Princess!  Psst -- pass it on to them! 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #552 on: July 22, 2008, 16:59 »
Love that first shot of her, it's almost like she's laughing at the camera..haha..you didn't catch my mom  :P 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #551 on: July 22, 2008, 16:50 »
Please be patient with me I will have those pictures soon. I am trying to make a slide show.

I send e-mail after e-mail to the University site with no results. that is why I decided to get to know the biologists and do things myself.  the bilogists are too busy with their own jobs to man this site but they are great people and are willing to share most things with me.  there are things they share with me that I cannot share sometimes or sometimes I have to wait a bit to share them.  I want to be someone they  can trust.

they are not leaving her long today which is a good thing.   We had 2 severe storms yesterday evening and one this morning.  the F went inside the nest box and then went on the perch and hung her head out. Hairwashing day I guess :) :)

I have a few pictures from today. I never have a few ;D ;D

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2008, 12:37 »
What a gory lunch feeding scene!  Oh, parent just dragged it off, and our little one is off to the corner to sleep it off.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2008, 12:01 »
Many thanks to Tracy and Bev for bringing us up to speed over yesterday's events. I doubt I would have slept last night without knowing what had happened. I know there are many more serious problems in the world right now, than the whereabouts of one little chick - but she's our chick!

Offline bcbird

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #548 on: July 22, 2008, 11:48 »
Thanks Tracy for your detailed email in the previous post, I know she was in safe hands but it was the not knowing what was going on that made it difficult.   I think the little one is less stressed than we were!  Don't they know about us phanatics that watch??!!  ;D ;D
I agree, Carly.  Perhaps we should send off a note to let them know how closely we watch, and appreciate seeing, their nest box residents.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #547 on: July 22, 2008, 06:51 »
Good morning!  7:47 am and all is well in the nest box.  Mom is standing guard vigilantly and baby is in the corner flapping her wings at the moment!!

Thanks Tracy for your detailed email in the previous post, I know she was in safe hands but it was the not knowing what was going on that made it difficult.   I think the little one is less stressed than we were!  Don't they know about us phanatics that watch??!!  ;D ;D

Looking forward to Bev's photos  :D

Offline The Peregrine Chick

• Administrator
  • Old Bird
    • Peregrine Falcon Recovery Project (Manitoba)
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2008, 23:03 »
Mom is just glaring up at the cam...like she don't trust those humans!  lol

Such a toughie our little Radisson ...  ;D

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2008, 22:52 »
Mom is just glaring up at the cam...like she don't trust those humans!  lol