Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178021 times)

Offline Alison

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #739 on: August 02, 2008, 21:35 »
Great pics, Bev! Love the wings. A few more from today:

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #738 on: August 02, 2008, 21:15 »
I think mom has finally figured out that there is no room left in the box. she prepared the prey on the outside perch and then fed the yooung miss form there. It looked like Cassie would fall right out at times ,she leaned over so afar.

what a girl.

Offline sami

• Phanatic
  • Fledgling
« Reply #737 on: August 02, 2008, 21:08 »
Just too funny, Bev! She does look like she will just hop out into the air at any moment and take off. Leaving us behind. She looks to be almost as big as her mom, now.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2008, 20:07 »
Some pictures form today . I love some of her poses and Yes, it seems she changes by the hour
I just love the 2 of them together

showing her brown

showing her brown

showing her brown

see my pantaloons

close up

Are you coming?

Maybe I will just come to you??? :o :o

Now as I was saying!!!

and  a field goal!!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #735 on: August 02, 2008, 16:22 »
Gees she's changing by the hour!  Lots of brown patches coming in on the breast area and from the side of her standing on the ledge I can see a few white patches left but mostly dark now!

She sure likes standing on the ledge looking out!

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #734 on: August 02, 2008, 13:15 »
Afternoon check in, Cassie is standing on her ledge looking at out the world..no doubt wondering what lies beyond  :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #733 on: August 02, 2008, 12:22 »
Just letting you know she has been in the back left corner and is now on the inside ledge.

It is very windy and cold her and a possible storm , so hopefully she spends more time in side her box.

I have no pictures so far but will try and capture a few later,. I am baby sitting today.

Have a great Day.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #732 on: August 02, 2008, 08:54 »
Check in on Cassie, she's okay this morning.  Can't tell if she's laying down or standing on ledge as all they have here is dial up and it's not refreshing..lol.  One cam shows her standing on ledge, the other laying down with head on ledge  :P.  I did see mom there earlier so I know she's in good hands ... either way still cute as ever!

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #731 on: August 01, 2008, 21:00 »
Those pics are great Bev!! - What a big girl she is and such attitude!!! Spoiled rotten I think  :P :P - The photos really help as I can't get refreshing pics at work!!!  ;D

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #730 on: August 01, 2008, 20:27 »
 My family is now addicted to Cassie after just a few hours ..lol.  They even come running into the PC room now to ask 'what's she doing now??" She's too cute to resist  ;D ;D

I noticed her and mom have been hanging on the perch this evening, it's cute - they're like sisters!

Thanks for the pictures, I love your commentary..especially when she is ordering mom around..lol.. :D

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #729 on: August 01, 2008, 18:35 »
They have had 5 in there. but once all their brown feathers came in , some perched outside if the weather was nice. They do manage. 

A storm is brewing so I hope she goes off perch soon.

I wanted to add that if there were more in there there would not be as much clutter as the siblings would all be eating as well.  there is more than enough for her(what a good male)
I have been noticing that mom comes in sometimes and just drop off and then other times will rip some pieces for her and feed her some and then leave and let her feed herself.  She is doing a good job so far. i tis really hard to tell how much she is getting becasue of refresh but I am sure she is not going hungry.

She is one cacky girl. :) :)
nest week she will be all brown. 

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #728 on: August 01, 2008, 18:25 »
24 hours go by, and a bunch more amazing changes!  I can't believe how much of the screen she's taking up, now.  I still can't imagine any chick sharing that space with sibs -- it just looks too small! 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #727 on: August 01, 2008, 17:11 »
A few more pictures before I go back out. she did a good job but now back on perch and calling mom for help
still beautiful mom

a feed

put your right foot up and shake it all about

missed most of wing shot from inside

What a beauty

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #726 on: August 01, 2008, 17:06 »
I have been watching quite a bit today in between yard work. I missed a great wing shot. Darn virus thing came on and make s computer slow to react >:( >:(

I saw 2 feedings and JL saw one so things are going O.K
I have a few nice shots.  Mom just came in as I was typing and left some prey for Cassie.  She stood on it and started picking at it so I think she is able to get some herself now.
Our changing Cassie

changing Cassie

on inside perch

preening and lone legged

See me now

Make sure you clean that properly and get smaller pieces eh!!!

So are you going to feed me

Isn't it ready yet

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #725 on: August 01, 2008, 15:21 »
She's perched on the ledge again.  I can't believe what a big girl she is!  Lots of brown coming in now, a few more days and the white will be all gone.