Author Topic: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson  (Read 178027 times)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
Re: U of Alberta - 2008 / Damon & Radisson
« Reply #724 on: August 01, 2008, 13:23 »
Checking in our girl, she's having a nap!  I'm guessing mom ate in front of her to try to motivate her to feed herself.  If she had siblings they'd fight for it but being alone she's used to being waited on and although she's tried on her own - I've noticed she's not very aggressive at it - she just screams until mom does it so mom is probaby giving her some tough love.  Once she's on own she'll have to feed herself or starve - it's not an easy world they live in  :(

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #723 on: August 01, 2008, 12:00 »
Mom's right in the nestbox feeding Cassie now.  Cassie has spent a good bit of time perched on the ledge this morning.

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #722 on: August 01, 2008, 09:43 »
I will keep track as much as I can but watch to see how many times Cassie gets fed. 

I am busy in the yard and am in and out but will try to keep tack as much as possible.

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #721 on: August 01, 2008, 09:27 »
Mom just dragged in a gull and is having her breakfast.  Cassie is standing on the ledge watching...wondering if Mom's going to share.  :) Now she's back in the nestbox trying to get a bite.  Wow that was interesting, Mom kept feeding turning her back to Cassie, not letting her get at any, then she flew off with it.  Boy, is Cassie cacking her head off!  She climbed back onto the ledge and looking pretty mad at Mom.   >:(

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #720 on: August 01, 2008, 07:38 »
A final check before I leave.  Mom departed about an hour ago and cassie has been active with the wing stretching, no doubt we'll see lots of that going forward. 

Oh..oh..she's climbing onto the ledge...there she is looking at me  :P 

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:45 by carly »

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #719 on: August 01, 2008, 05:32 »
6:18 am and it's dark over there  :o, but I can see mom's shadow outside snoozing and gaurding over our girl!!  Nice to see she still spends the night so close  :D

Bev, I am going away today until Monday to visit family but I will have computer access so I can check on her and I will.  Monday afternoon I will be back home and back to having up on my desktop constantly so yes please pm me your number. 

She was pretty good yesterday and mom fed did feed her a few times that I saw, smaller feedings though - preparing her for fledge time no doubt.  She was a good girl and when she stood up on the ledge she didn't shake or wobble.  I missed the first time she did it but saw the other 3 and she just climbed up and down like a little pro.  She even turned around on the ledge lip at one point to face inwards and the foot coordination was good, she went slowly and went from facing out to in with no problems. 

Offline bev.

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #718 on: July 31, 2008, 22:51 »
Good evening,

Boy, I guessed I missed the wee one outside.  Not a good thing.
I took a day for me today as when she gets closer to fledging I will be here watching. 
I only have a few pictures from this morning.

I hope she got fed today by mom.

I was out at Helen's today visiting her falcons. they are so beautiful. I did not take any pictures and we did not disturb a few of them with young ones like our Miss so I didi not see yours.  there are times to take pictures and times to just enjoy.
I f anyone has the picture of her out on the ledge I would not mind seeing it.

I will talk my husband into going there tomorrow night if it is not raining and take another look see

It was so interesting and I saw some 2month old falcons that were absolutely gorgeous .  My husband could easily get into this I can see.  He just loves to see them fly which we  did not today but I have been invited back when they do their  flying.

Such nice people. I did miss checking up on Cassie though. but I knew you would be there.

I f she does happen to fall, which is not likely, the roof is not far below so she would be O.K.

Carly I am going to Pm you my phone number and my husbands cell number just  in case something happens when i am not at the computer you can phone me and I will see what I can do.

The wee one is in her favorite spot right now with her head on the inside perch

Offline Liz

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #717 on: July 31, 2008, 18:17 »
Someone has stolen our chick and replaced her with a juvie!!! 

That's exactly what I thought when I checked in today -- it can't be the same bird I saw yesterday.  Holy smokes, what a lot of changes happen in just a few hours! 

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #716 on: July 31, 2008, 15:51 »
Peregrine on the ledge!!!  :D :D  Someone has stolen our chick and replaced her with a juvie!!!  hehe...she looks secure too, not wobbly.

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #715 on: July 31, 2008, 14:42 »
You're very welcome!  ;)

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #714 on: July 31, 2008, 13:21 »
Thank you so much  ;D ;D

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #713 on: July 31, 2008, 12:28 »
Carly, see your email.

Offline carly

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #712 on: July 31, 2008, 12:08 »
Darn it!  I mised it as I had to run out for errands.  You gave me a stroke, I looked at the cam and saw mom looking down and no baby!!  She was buried in the feathers..lol  :D  For a second my heart plunged!  Did you get a shot of her outside per chance anyone?

Offline ballywing

• Phanatic
  • Old Bird
« Reply #711 on: July 31, 2008, 11:59 »
Holy Smokes, Cassie is out on the front porch with Mom!!!  :o.......never mind, she's back in the nextbox again - I think - geez, can hardly see her amongst all the clutter!!! :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:06 by ballywing »

Offline JL

• Past Member
  • Fledgling
« Reply #710 on: July 31, 2008, 11:19 »
Missy is standing very tall on the edge of the nestbox looking out with Mom.  :o Okay now, no falling over!