Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Sheraton Centre - 2008-20

<< < (15/23) > >>

carly:
Just saw Rhea Mae get up off the eggs and there is one little ball of white fluff there!!  Congratulations Rhea Mae and Tiago!

carly:
Linda is thinking she might have a hatch down here this morning:

Linda Woods Reports:
Looking at the webcam very early this morning 6:00 am, and  I think we have a hatch. Debris beside Rhea Mae, where in last evening photo, the nest tray was very clean

Mariah is grandmama here  ;)

Liz:
Interesting, TPC! 
--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on April 26, 2009, 19:16 ---75% of my injured/dead peregrine calls in Winnipeg (90-95% in downtown) are pigeons ... in the suburbs I get more raptor calls but very rarely is it a peregrine ...
Just my two cents
--- End quote ---

bev.:
Last year someone reported a falcon down at our site and it was a red tailed hawk. But you check them all out just in case.

When I saw Cassie last year after she fledged the first time, remember when they took me up to the roof, I was just amazed at how big she really was and how beautiful. You just do not see all that on a cam. 

I try to tell people that the cam sometimes distorts the size, also. sometimes RAdisson looks huge and at other times she looks quite tiny.

Hopefully things settle down there soon.

carly:
Your two cents if probably worth gold TPC and you are probably right.  When Falon the Falcon was here the other day, people in our building that came down were shocked at how large she was.  They see them on the cams but don't realize the size of them..they assume they are pigeon size and in fact several people looked at Falon and then up at the cam and seemed incredulous because on the cams they do look smaller -  kind of like the first time you see an eyases in person..I know I was shocked at how big the little buggers really are  ;D.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version