Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Sheraton Centre - 2008-20

(1/23) > >>

carly:
2020 NESTING SEASON

No cam here this year but Stormin (positively ID'd at the banding & Chaos (unbanded) have 4 healthy babies that were banded today!

From CPF FB:

Two bandings today - this morning was at Toronto /Sheraton Centre...

Welcome Timbit(male, 615g, 26 days old, banded 02/AW, Blue tape), Vimny(male, 630g, 26 days old, banded 05/AW, white tape), Epione(female, 875g, 25 days old, banded Z/37, Red tape) and Marriott(male, 610g, 26 days old, banded 06/AW, yellow tape)!

Congrats to Mum(unbanded) and Dad... Stormin! Yes, Toronto's long time resident, is calling Sheraton home this year, and he's looking good too🙂. A very cute, fiesty bunch of chicks and a fierce couple of parents here. We would like to thank all involved to help accommodate "our special needs" during this unusual times of social distancing.

Alison:
September 12, 2019

Juvie Quinn is in rehab:

Marion Nash Reports:

On August 20th, Rochester Animal services picked up a young peregrine falcon and brought it to a local vet/rehabilitator. The rehab facility has contacted me and provided me with the auxiliary band number (Black Band D/62). They tried to report the band, but have not received a response, but based on the information on your site, I believe this may be one of the young from the Sheraton Centre (Quinn).

Based on the X-rays, there didn’t appear to be any broken bones, just some bruising. The falcon seems to be doing very well, both eating and flying. It is being transferred to a facility with a larger flight facility so that it can strengthen its flight and be tested for release. If all goes well, it should be released relatively soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Jenny

Jenny Landry
Wildlife Biologist, Division of Fish and Wildlife

Hoping for a quick and complete recovery for Quinn. It's interesting that he was found in the area where his ancestors were from.

Alison:
One of the juvies visited the nest on July 20:

A parent stopped by briefly:

Alison:
Quinn and Bonvoy have both fledged:

June 25, 2019 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Marion Nash Reports:

if the nest ledge looks empty to you on the camera that’s because it is! Both Bonvoy and Quinn have fledged. Bruce has been watching Bonvoy all day and he has been an exceptionally high flier. He has been going from the roof of the hotel, across the street to the Hilton and back again. His choices have been excellent, his recoveries amazing and overall he has done very very well. Quinn took his flight later this evening and he has stayed high as well! He flew over to the roof of the Hilton where he made a decent enough landing. Bruce was joined by Linda and the two continued to watch the young ones as they navigated their new environment. According to Bruce, Bonvoy is all but a checkmark and Quinn will need to be watched for another day or so to be certain that he stays high.

Alison:
This morning, Quinn back at the nest:

Two birds visible:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version