Other Peregrine Projects > European Peregrines

Netherlands / De Mortel - 2015 / Pa & Miep-VieVie

<< < (5/24) > >>

RCF:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on May 02, 2015, 11:57 ---Okay, since this site needs a scorecard to keep the players straight (and so I can update the subject line if necessary), those of you who watch and translate this site, please help fill in the following blanks ..

Miep-VieVie (aka VieVie, VV) - resident female

Pa - former resident male ?  no bands?

1R - aka One Ring? - food-stealing, chick-ignoring interloper?

2O - ?? 

VM - new resident male?  food-feeding, chick-loving interloper?  ;)

thanks for helping clear up the players  ;D

--- End quote ---

2O and 1R are the same bird. He originally had two bands but one has come off and the number on the band was 2O.  VM I believe is short for visiting male.  :)

The Peregrine Chick:
Okay, since this site needs a scorecard to keep the players straight (and so I can update the subject line if necessary), those of you who watch and translate this site, please help fill in the following blanks ..

Miep-VieVie (aka VieVie, VV) - resident female

Pa - former resident male ?  no bands?

1R - aka One Ring? - food-stealing, chick-ignoring interloper?

2O - ?? 

VM - new resident male?  food-feeding, chick-loving interloper?  ;)

thanks for helping clear up the players  ;D

susha:
This is great news!  Thanks RCF!

RCF:
Good news here,  the male VM was feeding the the kids leftovers while Mom was gone.  :-*

https://youtu.be/txjQ_baiNjs

allikat:

--- Quote from: burdi on April 30, 2015, 06:58 ---In an earlier post I mentioned seeing a falcon appear at the nest about 01:35 hours. I automatically assumed this to be 1R returning after having been dive bombed. Although, while he sat quietly sleeping it definitely reminded me of the way VM used to sit in that same spot at night (with his back to us).

Now in the daylight people were noticing he appeared darker than 1R and began watching for a leg band. Since no band was spotted it is believed this falcon who returned is VM.

There is a new movie to view on BDL (by Aaltje) called “VM back”

--- End quote ---
I noticed as well - thought it was weird that 1R was in the nestbox - just thought he was resting out of harm's way.
Guess VM is back - not off to a great start though as he is also stealing food from Miep/VV.  Talk about a stressful situation for Momma bird.
All she wants to do is feed her chicks, but her mate(s) want to be fed first, and will do anything to take her hard work away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version