Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (19/56) > >>

allikat:
Let's hope this female moves on as well Carly......I have everything crossed for the male to recover!

carly:
Haven't seen anything posted on the male this week but I expect shattered bones take awhile to heal.  I hope the other female is just passing through, maybe if she sees there is no male..she'll move on. 

allikat:
Oh...I hate this! 
I hope the Mom can defend her territory without any injuries to her and her babies....
Any news on her mate?

carly:
More trouble for mom possibly  :(

This update is based on a few sources of information.

As early as Saturday a second Peregrine has been observed on site. Aerial maneuvers, possibly combative, were witnessed over the nearby greenspace, both falcons were said to be equal in size so it may be a second female in the vicinity.

Sunday this new adult was again spotted at various locations around the building including at the nest ledge. Our resident female was spotted chasing the intruder off the ledge.

As of Monday our resident "Mom" continues to feed the young, sometimes only dropping off food chunks and letting the young feed themselves. She has been observed storing remaining food in a nearby cache.

The MNR has advised that this may be a new female showing an interest in the nest site and testing our female's dominance.

Since Monday no reports of the intruder have been received. No details regarding any possible leg bands on the intruder were received. The video remains troublesome, will hopefully be resolved in the next few days.

allikat:
Glad he is doing well..alert and eating like a pig but the unfortunate thing is that it sounds like it's a bad break on his wing.  I do hope that he will recover from his injuries and hope that his rehab will go well!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version