Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (15/56) > >>

carly:
All day we've been trying to figure out the band numbers on the new male here and guess what ... I thought that band is familiar and I looked up my Jack's band number and it's my resident male from Etobicoke!!! 

What the heck is he trying to do!!!

allikat:
Thank you Carly!  I appreciate the feedback!

carly:
No I asked Mathew the other day and he said he hadn't heard anything but would let us know when he did.  All he knows is the male will not be returning this season due to the extent of the damage to his wing. 

allikat:
Very happy to hear that Super Mom is doing well and looking after her chicks....
A canadian male?  Hmmmmmm?

Carly...is there any news at all about her injured mate?

carly:
Update today; Super Mom feeds her chicks, prepares them for fledge and echups with a (presumed) Canadian male!  The modern urban peregrine female  ;)

This morning wing-flapping is picking up. Marla is 39 days old, Byron 38 and Casper 35. We might need to see a bit more flapping before any departures take place, but generally speaking we should now be more on guard for possible first flights.

Noon update - Feedings appear to be getting reduced, still waiting to see if lunch gets delivered. Shortly after 11AM our visitor was spotted e-chupping with Mom on the ledge above the nest. Photos were taken, will be reviewing for band ID.

2PM - no luck getting a band ID on the visitor, but one band appears to be all-black which would make this falcon a Canadian, eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version