Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (12/56) > >>

The Peregrine Chick:
Spring releases are frequently safer, no migration for a newly re-released bird - also means that he will be rested, fat, happy and ready to resume his resident duties.  If he wants to go back (and he is hardwired to do so as he was the resident male) he will - and no he won't get lost  ;)

carly:
I think he will go home as well, he and mom had been together for a number of years through thick and thin so no doubt he will wing his way back to her.  And I think she will be happy to see him as Mathew says - Jack, not so much but let's hope he bows out gracefully when the time comes.

Alison:
Thanks, Carly! This is great news - I've been wondering about him. I don't know where they are planning to release him, but I think he will find his way back to the nest site.

I hope everything continues to go well for him - he's been through a lot.

allikat:
Great news Carly!!!  Thanks for that little report!  :D

carly:
Update from Mathew on his site:

Yesterday I was glad to receive an email from a friend Lee in St. Catherines. Lee apparently made a visit to the facility where our resident male is being kept and passed a brief status update my way.

Our male is said to be healing well and if all goes as expected will be released in the spring! Not sure how a release like this works or if he will find his way back to the nest location, but it's safe to say Mom would appreciate seeing him again.

Safe to say CARLY will be happy to see him again too  ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version