Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (11/56) > >>

Alison:

--- Quote from: carly on November 26, 2009, 18:29 ---It's always great news to hear about one of the fledglings once they've gone.  We all wonder and worry about them, this is the reward  ;D 

I'm thrilled for Mathew, poor guy puts his heart and soul in that site and when all three perished last year..I really felt for him.  And with the male falcon in rehab, he must have wondered..why am I doing this again??  Now he finally gets to feel good about all the hard work he does - he should regardless but sometimes it's too easy to let all the bad news gets you down because you get so attached to them.

--- End quote ---

Well said, Carly! This is wonderful news. I know how I felt last year when all three juvies were lost, so I can imagine how Mathew must have felt. He must feel so good about Casper, who is a very handsome juvie. He looks so purposeful in the photos.

A couple of the great photos by Doug Round:

Loriann:
Hey i work five minutes south of here !  I must pay closer attention from now on !..

carly:
It's always great news to hear about one of the fledglings once they've gone.  We all wonder and worry about them, this is the reward  ;D 

I'm thrilled for Mathew, poor guy puts his heart and soul in that site and when all three perished last year..I really felt for him.  And with the male falcon in rehab, he must have wondered..why am I doing this again??  Now he finally gets to feel good about all the hard work he does - he should regardless but sometimes it's too easy to let all the bad news gets you down because you get so attached to them.

kittenface:

How great is this I think this is the first time that I have heard of any juvie seen  this soon after fledging, remember though I'm still new to all this I get excited easy

carly:
Awesome news from Mathew on his site:

Nov 25, 2009 - AWESOME NEWS!!! - Master Casper!

It's very exciting to post today's report!!! I'd first like to give a HUGE thanks to Doug Round and Lisa Cavello who spotted one of our juveniles, and using the band ID and some detective work found me and passed their findings along.

Master Casper (35Y) was spotted north of the 401 near Winston Churchill in an industrial area. He was observed on the ground feasting on a feathery pigeon. Doug had the good fortune of snapping quite a few great shots from indoors, and even had a chance to get closer to Casper outside.

After spending a few minutes stripping feathers from his prey, Casper struggled to fly away with his catch, flying as low as 5 feet from the ground! Fortunately there were no trucks passing when Casper was making his getaway.

Again, thanks so much to Doug and Lisa for contacting me!! This is a great example of how helpful the ID bands are in tracking the whereabouts of our feathered friends.

It's awesome to see one of our juveniles thriving out in the wild urban world, way to go Master Casper!

The pictures are fabulous, wow he's a beauty!

http://www.asic.ca/peregrinefalcons/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version