Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (46/56) > >>

bcbird:
There's Vega flapping away on the ledge.  How many more days would she be expected to take than the males before fledging?

bcbird:
I guess we're lucky that CPF was at least able to get a cam on this nest, since it was in a presumably residential area.  We sure are spoiled with the close up views possible in the nest box cams!

carly:
Storms have started. Storm advisory just issued, severe thunderstomrs, high damaging winds and large hail..hope the kids are not out in the open.

carly:
That's the only think I don't like about the web cams..we can't see them when they fly!  I hope his flight was good too!  I can't seem to bring the cam up now but I"ll keep trying!

This pair of parents have had a rough time of it.  From what I could find out they used to be at the Four Sisters (4 smoke stacks) which was an old power plant iin Etobicoke and after they left last year for the season it was demolished.  So when they came back their regular home was gone forever.  I guess they wanted to stay in the territory and ended up on this private residence - I'm just guessing it's in the area, the actual location is being kept private to protect the residents privacy. 

Hopefully next year they can find a home that is more 'pergrine friendly'. 

bcbird:
Mascota second flight must have been successful if both parents were on hand as the site report suggests.  Wouldn't that have been a sight to see!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version