Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (5/56) > >>

Kinderchick:

--- Quote from: bcbird on May 15, 2010, 21:19 ---Thanks, Carly, for the recap of the the two areas, including the interconnections. 
You should get on "As It Happens" with the Toronto version of "Guiding Flight!" 
--- End quote ---
Yes you should, carly! I agree with bcbird! ;)

bcbird:
Thanks, Carly, for the recap of the the two areas, including the interconnections. 
You should get on "As It Happens" with the Toronto version of "Guiding Flight!" 

carly:

--- Quote from: Kinderchick on May 15, 2010, 20:38 ---OMG!:o Thanks, carly! No wonder I was getting confused! Jack & Milton get "around"!  :o And I thought we had a soap opera here in Winnipeg! ;) Now how is Jack going to manage feeding all of those chicks at both sites?! :o

--- End quote ---

Well he's doing ok so far as they are still small and don't eat a lot yet.  Once the chicks are past the critical 10 day mark then the females can leave the chicks and hunt in the area to supplement the food supply.  As they are larger they tend to bring in bigger prey.  Both sites have ample pigeons and various other birds right by the nest sites so the females won't have to go far and risk leaving the babies out of visual range.  I expect it won't be easy though and perhaps that is when the females will have had enough of sharing Jack. 

Kinderchick:
OMG!:o Thanks, carly! No wonder I was getting confused! Jack & Milton get "around"!  :o And I thought we had a soap opera here in Winnipeg! ;) Now how is Jack going to manage feeding all of those chicks at both sites?! :o

carly:

--- Quote from: Kinderchick on May 15, 2010, 20:25 ---Sorry, TPC, I was confusing these with Jack & Angel on the Sun Life Building. And I thought there was a Milton over there too.  ::)

--- End quote ---

Milton was at our site too Kinderchick, it's very confusing I agree!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version