Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (38/56) > >>

maggieblue:
I read somewhere, can't recall exactly where, that the male was from the Gulf Tower in Pittsburgh, 2002, I think.

maggieblue:
The cam test is over, sigh.  Some nice photos of the beautiful pair though.

maggieblue:
The site is doing a camera test today if you want a Canadian Peregrine fix.

http://www.asic.ca/peregrinefalcons/

carly:
2009 NESTING SEASON

Update on Pete's condition:

NEWS UPDATE ON PITTSBURGH PETE from Judy Bailey, 22 Jan 2009:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I had Pete back to the vet on the 13th and was waiting on the results of the blood work before I emailed you.

When I had Pete to the vet before Xmas, we discovered that he was a little anaemic. As he’s been getting vitamin powder on his quail every day, this recent blood work shows that his anaemia is most improved. The vet is no longer considering giving Pete B12 shots. I had a more complete work up done this time around and besides the anaemia, his protein and potassium are a little low. It’s possible that these 3 issues may be lingering results of his injury back in June. His faecal still show negative for parasites.

I also had his noggin x-rayed and found absolutely no indication of skull fracture, clotting or swelling. His wings were included in the x-ray and both still look symmetrical. Occasionally, he will droop his left wing; I think the local Red tail is buzzing Pete and causing him to fly around the aviary too much. Thus, creating some fatigue. He is still using the ramps to get up to the perches.

I recently had him confined in the house for a few days to let my boys exercise in the aviary. The rest seemed to be good for Pete. Once back in the aviary, his flight from one corner perch to the other was a bit stronger and quicker and he rarely drooped his wing. He continues to eat well; I warm the quail before giving it to him. Strangely enough, Pete seems to be enjoying his “vacation” at Motel Bailey!!

Take care & I’ll up date you again in a while.
Judy

Ps: I’ll try and get a couple new pics off to you soon!

Antiologist:
Oh, such sad news to read.   :'(

What fun it was for me to follow the chicks with the "Pittsburgh Connection" this summer.  I guess the parents still consider it to be a successful nest, so we should be seeing renewed activity in the spring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version