Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (30/56) > >>

carly:
We have a hatch confirmed by Mathew at 8:15 am:

815AM - first hatch observed on live video! Mom then observed eating parts of the egg with the wet new arrival in front of her. It's a chilly 6C this morning.

Photos of the new arrival are challenging to take, but you can see a pink featherless little peregrine with closed eyes, less than 5 minutes old.

A quick greeting to the webcam viewers, it's amazing to have people watching from Canada, the USA (Florida), Wales, Switzerland and South Africa!

I am so relieved..go mum  ;D ;D 

allikat:
Phew!  I thought I was going crazy!

Too bad though... :(
I wish this pair luck...hopefully their second clutch will be successful. 

carly:
No, no it's the Scarborough site pair that is on second clutch.  There is no thread for them as yet because first, we didn't know there was a pair there for sure - there was an old hack box there converted to nestbox but they chose another location instead...kind of like P&T did - you build then a nice house, they move into the garage  :P.  Then they only saw 1 falcon around, well turns out that was because the other was incubating eggs. 

Story here:

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2009/05/sightings/a-new-clutch-of-eggs-observed-on-the-north-west-corner-ledge/

allikat:
WHAT?

I had no idea that this pair is on their second clutch???  Really?  Well now I'm crossing everything for this pair!

The Peregrine Chick:
Pretty fast re-nest, good for them.  We will definitely need to keep an eye on this site ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version