Other Peregrine Projects > Canadian Peregrines

ON / Toronto - Apartment Block - 2008-14

<< < (26/56) > >>

Liz:
carly, sorry to nudge you because I know you have your fingers in a lot of pies!, but any news on dad?  Just a brief response requested.  :)

maggieblue:
There was just a long feeding with more than enough food for the huge chicks.  It looks like the mom here is able to keep up with the feeding on her own.

maggieblue:
Those chicks look huge.  :o  They have been moving around the ledge for a while now, in and out of the shade.  Mom has been perched on the edge preening.  Now something has captured her attention and she has moved to the other end of the ledge.  She looks interested but not upset, so perhaps potential second breakfast going by.

carly:
No word on the male's condition yet but Mathew is receiving local reports that there may have been a territorial dispute..not confirmed yet though.  If there is a new male around though, may explain why mom keeps coming in with so much food.  Either they had a huge cache already and she's drawing from it, she's an extraordindary hunter or the new guy is trying to win mom over with food!

I'm hoping it's a new male, not to write off dad but it would be nice if she had help.  Only time will tell...but so far no reports a new male around since the altercation.

The female is doing an excellent job though, she's there right now watching over them and earlier they had a huge feeding.

allikat:
I'm glad Mom is feeding herself and chicks...very sad and sorry to hear about her mate though.  I do hope he will be okay.  I'm also very happy that the chicks are old enough to be on their own but this will be hard for mom to keep up so good news that the project will step in if need be.  Again...hope the male isn't badly hurt so he can return to where he belongs!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version