The Forum > The Forum

Forum Clock & Changing Time

<< < (16/29) > >>

bccs:
Sheesh, I just posted a very informative, enlightening blurb on a subject that I am kinda smart about and all ya can say is beer ::) ::) :P

Loriann:

--- Quote from: The Peregrine Chick on June 11, 2009, 15:25 ---
--- Quote from: Loriann on June 11, 2009, 15:11 ---anything East of Yonge street is OUT EAST.  anything WEST of Yonge street is OUT WEST !..  I don't make the rules.. lol 
--- End quote ---

Same rules that put Upper Canada south of Lower Canada ?  ::)

--- End quote ---

there was beer involved.

bccs:
Gotta tell y'all that I work for the province and am really familiar with land. What Tracy was referring to is called the principal meridian, not to be confused with the prime meridian which is in England.
The principal meridian is the center of Manitoba, which also happens to be the centre of Canada. There is actually a monument ( stone cairn ) marking the site on the Trans Canada hwy, just west of Headingly. And if you're observant, you will notice that the intersecting roads to the TCH are, for example 2W, 3W, 4W. which means 2 miles west of the pm, 3 miles west of the pm. The same thing goes for east of the PM except that the description read 2E, 3E, you get the drift. I could go on and on. but ( big yawn by y'all, ) it's only interesting for those who work with it or those that actually own the land.

eagle63_1999:
Well there you have it, it is in Manitoba, west of Winnipeg so anything east of Landmark is eastern Canada, and anything west of Landmark is western Canada

The Peregrine Chick:

--- Quote from: eagle63_1999 on June 11, 2009, 15:45 ---Which province is it in Ontario or Manitoba? 
--- End quote ---

Manitoba - its just a few kilometres west of Winnipeg on Highway 1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version