Manitoba Peregrines > West Winnipeg Peregrines

West Winnipeg - 2009 / Ivy & Jules

<< < (91/107) > >>

allikat:
Get them hooked this year Liz and then they'll understand! 

Liz:

--- Quote from: maggieblue on April 21, 2009, 16:07 ---I saw Ivy this afternoon. 

--- Quote from: allikat on April 21, 2009, 19:00 ---On my way home today, I thought I saw a falcon trying to hunt a sea gull.  There was some pretty fancy flying happening and some stooping.  All I saw was a falcon and lots of gulls scatter  8)
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I envy you both!  It's harder in downtown Wpg, when you don't have a window seat OR co-workers who get it (remember after Black Friday, those who thought we were nuts for sobbing at our desks?). 

I am SO glad you have free access!   :)

allikat:
Once you know where to look...they are easy to spot.  Well of course if they are around  ::)

On my way home today, I thought I saw a falcon trying to hunt a sea gull.  There was some pretty fancy flying happening and some stooping.  All I saw was a falcon and lots of gulls scatter  8)

Don't worry...I decided to pull into a parking lot to watch all of this unfold  :P

maggieblue:
This comes under the heading of - just when you are not looking for them - I saw Ivy this afternoon.  I was out shopping and saw a very familiar looking building (thanks Dennis) with what looked like a stuffed animal on a balcony rail midway up.  I had my binoculars in my backpack and whoa, there was the little rockstar himself looking every bit as handsome as his dad.  He was probably either having a midafternoon siesta or else watching for a pigeon to come by.  There is a plentiful supply in the neighbourhood.  I didn't hang around even though I was in a public parking lot, because it seemed a little like invasion of privacy, for the people there I mean. It is different for the Project people to be documenting them.   I am sure that Ivy and Jules don't care, afterall they were doing the wild thing in one of the most public locations in the city.  :D 
Great name by the way Tracy.  And yes, I had the wrong set of buildings the other week although they fit the criteria, plus falcons had visited in the past and a falcon did fly by when I was in the vicinity. C'est la vie. :D

Liz:
So glad to hear that, allikat! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version